Miracles

Cedric

I felt my body slam onto a damp grass. I groaned in pain and opened my eyes. I saw that we were back at Hogwarts. I heard a ringing noise in my ear and then everything was clear. I heard music playing and then I heard sobs. I turned around and saw Harry crying. I peeked over Harry and saw Kiana lying on the ground. She was scratched up, bruised and beaten. Her chest wasn't moving and her face looked pale. Harry's eyes met mine and he looked me in the eyes as if he didn't believe what he was seeing.

"How can you - it isn't possible - they killed you - we saw it -" Harry cried.

I heard screams emit from the crowd. Fudge and Dumbledore rushed towards us and I saw uncle Amos and Remus run down from the stands.

"No - no - not my girl," Amos cried out.

"Kay -" Remus sobbed.

"He's back - Voldemort is back - he tortured her -" Harry sobbed.

Dumbledore tried prying Harry off of her body. I felt something burn my skin. I removed the three Pearl necklaces off of me and saw that they were glowing. Three? She must've gave me hers. I pushed everyone aside. Reality hitting me - my little sister was dead. I pulled her into my arms as I cried over her cold body.

"I am so sorry Munchkin - I failed you," I sobbed.

I heard more screams and sobs but I couldn't take it. I carried her in my arms and looked at the crowd.

"LEAVE US NOW!" I sobbed.

Dumbledore took one look at McGonagall and she nodded. I noticed the Head of each House return the students back. Hermione, Ron, Jake, Lucas, Christian, Jace and Ernie remained in the stands - completely numb.

"Mr. Diggory - I am so sorry -" Fudge sniffled.

I sent him a nasty look and gently set my sister down. With my wand I cleaned her up and placed flowers in her hair.

"You - you can't be gone - I need you - I always needed you." I sniffled. "You don't get to do that Kay, to make me care and then - then you just leave me like this. How am I supposed to live without you. YOU PROMISED ME. YOU PROMISED AND NOW YOU ARE GONE AND I HAVE NO ONE. WITHOUT YOU I AM NO ONE! DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND?"

I felt someone clasp a hand on my shoulder. I looked up and saw Hermione. Hermione had tears in her eyes as she looked down at Kiana. Hermione reached for my hand which I gladly held. She kneeled besides me and pulled me in for a hug.

"Being angry with her isn't helping," Hermione sniffled.

"I AM NOT ANGRY. I AM IN PAIN. SHE PUT ME HERE. THE PERSON WHO IS SUPPOSED TO LOVE ME THE MOST!" I yelled.

"You don't understand Hermione - she was my whole world - she was my best friend and I loved her more than anything - and now she's gone." I cried.

I wrapped my arms tighter around Hermione and cried on he shoulder. I couldn't look at her body anymore. I heard a groan. I opened my eyes and saw my sister fidget. Her fidget became more violent and soon she woke up with a heart breaking scream.

"STOP! DIANA! NO!" She screamed.

Diana! Diana did this to her. Hermione pulled out of the hug and I pulled my sister in for a hug. I felt her punch me repeatedly and it hurt a lot but I didn't dare let her go.

"It's me - Cedric -" I said, my voice cracking.

"Oh god I am dead," she sobbed.

"No - you're very much alive," I said.

"I saw you go down - you didn't have a pulse - " she sobbed.

"The pearls - they must've absorbed the spell and I'm alive," I said.

She held onto me tighter.

"Diana - she is one of them - Kayla - Athena - our mum is alive and she's working with Voldemort - I had to duel him to save Harry - HARRY WHERE IS HARRY!" She hyperventilated.

   She fell limp in my arms and I checked for a pulse

She fell limp in my arms and I checked for a pulse. There was a strong pulse and I sighed.

"She's alive -" I cried.

"Cedric - let's bring her to the hospital wing," Poppy said.

I hesitantly nodded and carried my sleeping sister up to the castle. It was empty in the corridors. Everywhere actually. Once we reached the Hospital Wing and I set her on the comfiest bed. I sat in the seat next to her and never let her hand go. Amos was next to us.

"Did you know Diana was a Death Eater," I spat.

Amos shook his head.

"She did this to her!" I growled.

I then faced Christian. I lifted my wand to his chest.

"How do I know you're not trying to kill us," I spat.

"I didn't know - you saw how Kayla is - secretive and dangerous - I'm sorry," Christian frowned.

I dropped my wand to my side. I climbed in the bed next to my sister. I ran my pointed finger up and down her cheek.

"I am never letting you out of my sight Munchkin," Cedric said.

Author's Note :

I am sorry - I couldn't kill him. I just couldn't. I found it much better if he thought that Kiana was dead and he were alive.

Then when you give up on all hope - it always slaps you in the face and BAM a miracle.