[Chapter 1] Smosh Has Gone Missing

Author's Note: Hey guys! Okay, this is going to be sort of different than the rest of my stories. I can't tell you what's going to happen, but the main characters in this are me and my sister. Not Anthony, Ian, and some random girl. This story is sort of based off of our dream to become famous YouTubers (as said in my description). And we plan on calling ourselves Nachael (our names combined). So in this story, we're famous YouTubers. Just wanted to set the scene for you, and I hope you enjoy this story. Oh, and it may sound a lot like my other story, "The Search," but I promise you it's different (though it may not look like it now, just wait till a few more parts are published). Please comment below giving me your feedback on it, especially if you want me to continue this or not. Thanks so much! -rac06h10ael

-Rachael's POV-

Natalie and I were getting ready for making another one of our Nachael videos. This week was going to be a big announcement - we were going to make a gaming channel! Nachael is now the most subscribed YouTube channel with about 14 million subscribers, beating Smosh with their close to 12.5 million subscribers.

Smosh was and is our idol, ever since we started watching them in 2011. It's 2019, and I'm 21 and Nat's 18. We live together in a small apartment in California that I bought last year, finally getting enough money to move out of New York.

There, we became friends almost instantaneously with all of the YouTube stars we'd fallen in love with years back. Like Joey Graceffa, Shane Dawson, Lisa Schwartz, Toby Turner, Kalel Cullen, Melanie Moat (though she wasn't a YouTuber), the entire Smosh Games crew, and of course, Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox.

Our schedule has been packed ever since we moved here - with time to plan out our videos, time to make our videos, lunches with our friends, and then having some time to ourselves, which doesn't ever last long.

I was trying to fix the camera we use to make our introductions with because I dropped it accidentally a few days ago. My phone rang. I glanced over at my iPhone; it was Shane.

I rolled my eyes and yelled, "Hey Nat! Can you answer my phone for me?"

"Where is it?" She shouted back.

"Right next to me." There was silence. "I'm fixing the camera right now and my hands are tied!"

"Answer your own god damn phone! I bet you it's not even a foot away. And I'm watching Cartoon Network for the new Toby Turner commercials!"

I rolled my eyes and slammed down the camera, grabbing my phone and pressing the answer button. "Hey, Shane. What's up?" I greeted.

"You need to come to my house, right now." He answered frantically.

"What? Why?" I sat back in my chair.

"I'll explain when you come!" And he hung up. I slowly retracted the phone from my ear and gently set it down on the table. What did Shane want to tell me that he needed me to come to his house as soon as possible?

I jumped out of my chair and rushed into the living room, standing right in front of the television.

"Hey!" Nat complained. "Get out of the way."

I touched the power button and crossed my arms.

"You're a bitch sometimes." She stated.

"Shane called." I tried to tell her as calmly as I could, ignoring her disconcerting comment. "We need to go to his house as soon as possible."

"Why?"

"I don't know. He said he'd tell me once we get there."

She rolled her eyes and pulled herself up off the couch. "Alright. You drive though, I'm feeling kind of lazy today."

I laughed and grabbed the keys off of the wall. We headed out the door.

*****

We walked into Shane's house and were shocked to see everyone we knew standing in his living room. We were the youngest there, it was so intimidating.

"Hey..." I said, taking a step forward. "What's up?" My eyes averted over to where Kalel and Melanie were crying together on the couch.

Nobody spoke. Shane looked around and sighed, realizing no one was going to volunteer first. "Uh...I don't know how to put this gently, but...Smosh has gone missing."

My heart sank. How could this be? Two of my idols are missing... I looked over at Natalie. She was as stiff as a rock and as pale as a ghost. "What?" I croaked.

Lisa stepped forward, "And we were thinking...maybe you and Natalie could...temporarily take over their channel. You know, while we go looking for them."

"Why can't we help you guys look for them?" I asked, crossing my arms. Even though we'd become friends with everyone, I still had a gut feeling that they were leaving us out because we were so young compared to all of them.

Again, no one answered me. So, it was Kalel's turn to answer. "You will be helping. But in a different way. We just think it'd be better for you guys to stay here and help Smosh out while they're...they're..." And she burst into tears again, Melanie bringing her in for a hug.

"But about the rest of you? What about your channels?"

"Oh, you don't have to worry about that." Joey stated. "We're going to take turns looking for them. So we can still continue making videos for our channels."

I sighed, "This sounds fake. I mean...what if you guys just want Nachael to lose the title of most subscribed channel?"

"That's not it!" Melanie shouted at me, giving me an evil stare. "Why would any of them joke about that? If it was a joke I wouldn't be here."

Damn, she did make a good point. I rolled my eyes, "Fine. Natalie and I will take over Smosh temporarily. Are you okay with that Nat?" I looked back at her, she was still in shock. I shook my head and turned back around. "We're in. Well, you have my word for it."

Kalel actually got up and walked around the couch to hug me. "Thank you so much, Rachael." I hugged her back. Back in 2013, I would've never though I would be hugging the girl I envied, hell, I never would've thought that my dream would come true. Then she walked over to Natalie and gave her a hug too, but it was as if she was hugging a pillar because Natalie was frozen like ice.

"Okay, so, how are we to break the news to the some 12.5 million people who are subscribed to them?" I inquired.