[Chapter 22] Start of Something New

-Natalie's POV-

All of us walked out of Shane's apartment and were on our separate ways. Ian, Anthony, and I were walking towards our cars, which so happened to be parked all in one line on the side of the street. I glanced back at Rachael who was the last one to leave the house, she looked sad still. The reunion of Shane and Lisa and the arresting of Kalel and Melanie gave me an idea.

"Hey, Anthony," I nudged him in the arm before he got in his car, "You know, Rachael's always had a crush on you."

"What?" I turned around and saw Rachael caught up to us. Her cheeks were bright red, "No..."

"Really?" Anthony said in disbelief as he walked around the car. "She likes me?"

"What? No!" She defended herself, "Nat's just exhausted! Right, Nat?" She murmured through her teeth.

"No I'm not!" I yelled at her. "Anthony, Rachael's been living a lie the whole time we've been here. Sure, we moved to California for our career, but we also wanted to meet you guys. And she didn't want to say anything because you were married to Kalel."

"Is what she's saying true, Rachael?" He asked her.

Rachael rolled her eyes, "So? It doesn't matter anyways..." She crossed her arms.

He smirked and pulled Rachael closer to him, and kissed her on the lips. At first she was tense, but eventually, she loosened up and went with the flow.

I smiled. I think that was all Rachael needed - someone to love. And it's not like she put off her love life to wait for Anthony or anything, she just hadn't found the right guy. And it just so happened that Anthony was available, so...

I glanced over at Ian, who was leaning up against the side of his car with his hands in his pockets. I walked over to him and stood beside him.

He looked at me briefly and then back at his feet. "I can't believe Melanie did this..." He confided in me.

I sighed, "Sometimes people aren't who they seem."

He looked up at me and cleared his throat, "Are you alright? You seem a little upset too."

I watched as Anthony and Rachael pulled out of their kiss and held hands. I smiled; I hadn't seen Rachael smile like that in years. For our videos, she would fake a smile and right when filming was done, she'd take the camera and edit the video alone. She scared me some days how upset she seemed - almost as if she'd lost all hope despite how young she was. I looked back at Ian, "Who knew that this whole thing would change things between us? And it all started when you went missing and we had to fill in for you and Anthony."

"So...you were the replacements?" He clarified.

"I guess." I laughed, "It's just...I never thought I would be in the place I am today if..."

Ian slipped his hand over mine and interlocked our fingers. I looked up into his blue eyes in confusion.

"You're holding my hand." I stated.

"I know," He remarked with a slight smile.

I leaned in to kiss him when Anthony ruined the moment, "Ian! I have to ask you a big favor!" He stood before us, looking like he was about to jump out of his pants.

"Dude, me and Nat were just about to have our moment!" Ian snapped back.

"I have to ask you a big favor!" He reiterated, ignoring Ian's comment.

"What?" Ian replied, annoyed.

Anthony smirked, "Well, it turns out that Natalie and Rachael's apartment burned down and they need a place to stay at. So..."

"Wait!" I interrupted him, "Was anything saved from it?"

His brow furrowed as he pondered in thought for a second, "Well, Mari just got a call. I think I remember her saying something about a blanket..."

I shrieked in joy. Ian looked at me with concern.

"What?" They both inquired.

I smirked, "Nothing..."

"Anyways," Anthony continued, "I was wondering if Natalie and Rachael could move in with you...and I could move in as well."

"What about yours and Kalel's house?"

He scratched behind his neck, "Uh..." He turned his head toward Rachael and the rest of the YouTubers, "I think Rachael's calling me over. Talk to you later!" And he bolted over to her. He hugged her, and his hug slowly turned into a kiss, and then their kiss turned into him taking her hand and leading her someplace far away from the group. My eyes widened, realizing how fast things were escalating. In my head, I'm all like "Whoa whoa whoa whoa WHOA."

I was staring at my feet when Ian placed his hand under my jaw, turned my head toward him, and pressed him lips against mine. I smiled and laughed.

"What?" He asked me with a huge grin stretching from ear to ear.

"I don't know." I leaned in and kissed him again, wrapping my arms around his neck.

I hate to say it, but this moment couldn't have been more perfect. I was kissing Ian. Rachael was somewhere with Anthony. And despite the fact that I hadn't washed my hair in weeks and my apartment burned down, I couldn't be more happier.

Who knew that being our idols' replacements and being kidnapped would lead to the best thing to ever happen in my life?

Author's Note: Looks like this is the last chapter (besides the epilogue which will be up soon)! I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I did writing it. I am considering doing some sort of sequel to this...maybe...I don't know what it would be about though =P Anyways, thanks for reading and I hope you liked it! -rac06h10ael