[Chapter 23] News Special (Epilogue)

Six Months Later...

-Natalie's POV-

Ian and I were sitting on the couch together with Anthony sitting on the adjacent couch. The TV was on as we awaited the special we were going to watch.

"Come on, Rachael! You're going to miss it!" Anthony called to her. She came out of the kitchen with two bowls of popcorn. She handed me one and sat beside Anthony.

"Good evening. Welcome to FOX40, your television station for breaking news, weather, sports and social media. I'm your news anchor, Margot Phillips, and today's TV special is about a traumatic experience that happened to local Californian YouTubers." Ian wrapped his arm around my back and pulled me closer to him.

"It appears that exactly six months ago, fifteen of the most subscribed YouTubers were involved in a whole plan for supremacy on the top of the most subscribed charts. It all started when Smosh, the comedy duo of Anthony Padilla and Ian Hecox, went missing July 29. All of their fellow friends and colleagues grouped together to continue their channel and to find them.

"The next ones taken were Nachael, the two sisters who danced and lip-synced their way into our hearts..." Rachael laughed out loud. All of us looked at her confused, she sighed and went back to watching TV, "...Rachael and Natalie. It was assumed by everyone that they were the people who committed this crime, so once the remaining YouTubers found out they had gone missing as well, they had to change their plans.

"Shane Dawson, Joey Graceffa, the SmoshGames crew, consisting of Mari Takahasi, Joshua Ovenshire, Matthew Sohinki, and David Moss, and Toby Turner, also known as Tobuscus, all went down within the next few weeks. The calamities also included some injuries and some tradgic losses, such as Meghan Camerana, more commonly known as Strawburry17, and Toby's well-known shih tzu, Gryphon.

"On August 30, after escaping the abandoned artillery's basement, the group fled to Anthony's home to eat some food and wash up. When Anthony's wife, Kalel Cullen, and Ian Hecox's girlfriend, Melanie Moat returned to the house, Melanie broke down and confessed to everything they had done. The two of them were arrested and put to trial. Being found guilty, the two young women were sentenced to life in prison plus one thousand years.

"The only person left was Lisa Schwartz, or lisbug. Luckily she wasn't too far away, and was found at hers and Shane's home the same day.

"We have gotten interviews with all of the YouTubers still remaining today and what the experience meant for them..." The screen turned to a conference table with Margot and Smosh.

"So, what was your initial reaction to being kidnapped?" She asked them.

"Well, it wasn't really pleasant. We all kind of went mad after a while." Anthony admitted.

"Yeah. It was terrible. There was no light, no food, no place to shit, and it was fucking hot in there!" Of course, they bleeped out Ian's profanity.

"Now, both of your girlfriends were the kidnappers. What was your initial reaction to this?"

The two of them looked at each and then back at her. "How do you think we reacted?" Anthony retorted. She nodded her head, "Well I kind of feel betrayed. I thought she was better than that. But, I guess sometimes people change for retarded reasons."

"What has changed since this experience?" Margot inquired.

Ian cleared his throat, "Well, we're no longer with Kalel and Melanie and we actually..."

Ian turned off the power button. The TV went pitch black.

"Hey!" Rachael and I exclaimed in detest.

"What?" Ian questioned with a look of innocence.

I snatched the TV remote from him and turned it back on.

It was Rachael's and my interview now. Great, I missed what he was saying. I glared at Ian, wondering why he turned it off. "...lost your apartment. Do you think that was on purpose or on accident?"

Rachael straightened her posture and sighed, "Well, I think it was on purpose, because..."

"TURN IT OFF!" Rachael shouted.

"No!" I snapped back, crossing my arms with the remote still in hand.

"Okay, do you think you know who it was?"

"Of course. I think it was Kalel because..." Rachael smacked her forehead and slid off of the couch till she was sitting on the floor, "...she and I weren't and still aren't the best of friends. Like...she...I don't really know how to explain it."

I could see Anthony smirk. He patted Rachael on the shoulder and she smacked his hand away.

"Okay, so, Natalie, it's said that you were the one to get Rachael together with Anthony, the boyfriend of her dreams." Rachael rolled her eyes and crossed arms. "Care to explain?"

Natalie sighed, "Well, Rachael was like...super sad ever since we arrived here. And it was for obvious reasons I don't think she'd appreciate me talking about on TV, so...yeah, I just saw the perfect moment and sort of made it happen!"

"What do you think this experience did for you guys?"

Neither of them responded at first. Then Rachael said, "Well, it really makes you think about what people are willing to do for success."

"Nicely worded." Natalie agreed, doing their handshake/high five thing where they high five, low five, and then fist bump.

"Can we stop watching this? I'm such an embarrassment to Nachael and YouTube!" Rachael cried, burying her head in her hands.

"Nah...we got to keep watching. See if you fuck up any more." Anthony comforted her. She glared back at him. He smiled and gave her a quick kiss on the lips.

"Shane Dawson and Joey Graceffa!" Margot announced. The two of them walked in. "So, Shane, Lisa was the last one to be found. And supposedly all other YouTubers wanted to postpone looking for her. Is this correct?"

I watched as his Adam's apple go up and down as he gulped, "Uh...yeah." He responded.

"How'd that make you feel?"

"Okay, I've seen the other interviews, why are you talking to us like a therapist?"

Margot turned to the camera and smiled, "We'll be back after these commercials with Shane Dawson and Joey Graceffa!"

"Hey! Shane makes a really good point!" Ian noted. "I didn't think about it at the time...but she was all like 'how do you feel?' 'what's your reaction?'!"

"Yeah, we all noticed." Anthony snapped back at him.

"Can we turn it off? I don't want to see how bad we look anymore." I pleaded.

"YES!" They all yelled at me. I pressed the off button and leaned back into the couch.

I sighed in relief, "Whew, that's over with."

Silence filled the living room, we had nothing to talk about now.

"Hey! Want to go see that new Fast and Furious movie?" Anthony suggested. "I think it's like Fast and Furious 12."

We all jumped to our feet and got ready to go. We walked out of the house and hopped in the car.

Continued in Vengeance (YouTube FanFic)

Author's Note: I want to apologize for the shitty epilogue...it was better in my head. Well, in my head there wasn't much other details than NEWS REPORT ABOUT THE WHOLE KIDNAPPING. Sorry this had to come to an end =/ hope you liked it! -rac06h10ael