[Chapter 5] They're Not Here

-Shane's POV-

I was working on some details for the new video I was making when I got a call from Jovenshire. I raised my eyebrow - he never really called me. I picked up my phone, "Hello?"

"Hey, Shane. We were wondering if you maybe knew where Rachael and Natalie are. They were supposed to meet us up at Smosh Games Headquarters for a Game Bang, but they're not here! We tried calling them, but they won't pick up!"

"Maybe their phones died, I mean, I'm sure we've all been bombarding their phones with calls and texts making sure they've got it under control. Come to think of it, I feel kind of bad by giving them the responsibility of taking over Smosh. I mean, they're the youngest and sort of newest to YouTube."

"You do make a point... But, can you just call me if you know where they are? We have other things to do and we can't wait much longer." He told me.

"Sure thing, Jovenshire. Call you back in a little!" And I hung up.

"Who was that?" Lisa questioned, walking up behind me and giving me a hug.

"Oh, it was just Jovenshire. He called about Natalie and Rachael." I replied, looking up at her.

"How come?"

"I guess they're not showing up for a recording of a Game Bang episode."

"Hmm..." She stepped back. "I wonder why."

"Yeah, I'm going to call their home phone. I mean, they're bound to pick it up, right?" I picked up my phone and dialed their number. Lisa walked away into our bedroom hallway. The phone rang...and rang...and rang.

"Hello?" A male voice finally answered.

My brow furrowed, perplexed. I was expecting to hear Rachael's or Natalie's voice. "Who is this...?"

"Who is this?" The person retorted.

"This is Shane. Shane Dawson. You know, from Shane Dawson TV and shane?"

"Oh. Well, this is Michael. You know, the third person in Nachael?"

"Oh, yeah!" I exclaimed. "Hey, can I talk to Rachael? Or Natalie? Or both of them?"

"Uh...I'd love to help you with that...but...I don't where they are."

My eyes widened, "What?"

"Yeah. I...I'm in their house, clearly, and they're no where to be found! I looked everywhere, in their bedrooms, in the bathroom. I've even gone all throughout the building asking if anybody has seen them, and no luck!"

I rested my elbow on the table I was sitting at. "Wow..."

"They won't pick up their phones, as a matter of fact, they're right here. In their house." I didn't even know how to respond, I just stared at the wall in front of me in disbelief. "It's...it's like they just...disappeared." He told me.

I threw my phone down and rushed into the office, where Lisa was checking her Facebook. "Lisa, Rachael and Natalie aren't the kidnappers."

"What?" She pivoted her torso. "How could that be? They're the only ones who would have motive to kidnap them. Right? I mean, weren't they like...obsessed with them when they were younger? It completely make sense that they were the kidnappers!"

"But they're not, Lisa. They're gone too."

Her jaw dropped and eyes widened. I crossed my arms and gulped.