[Chapter 12] Divided

-Anthony's POV-

We all were exhausted, but we had to stay awake and wait to see if we could catch a glimpse of the kidnapper. We all kind of broke apart from the circle, but we still stayed near the light.

I looked around to see how the other people were faring. Rachael was laying on the ground, struggling to keep her eyes open. Shane was standing up, leaning against the wall with his hands in his pockets. His head was hanging down, so I didn't know if he'd fallen asleep. Natalie was still on the floor shivering. How could she be cold!?! The rest of us were sweating like crazy - and it was starting to smell bad down here. Mostly like guy though, I don't know about Nat and Rach. Ian...I don't even know, oh, wait, no, he was sitting on the stairs, stretching across the bottom step.

I titled my head up and screamed. Everyone jumped and looked at me. I pouted, "I miss Kalel."

"I miss Melanie." Ian admitted, resting his head back on the second step from the bottom.

"I miss Lisa." Shane stated quietly.

"I miss my Color Blankie!" Natalie cried. We all looked at her in confusion, except Rachael, she just stared at her.

"What's a 'Color Blankie'?" Ian questioned out loud the thought we all had.

She sat up. "My blanket."

"Why would you need a blanket!?!" I shouted. I was getting paranoid. I could feel it. And I'm sure I showed it too.

"Umm, well I had it since I was baby, dumbass, and I'm cold!"

"How are you cold!?!" Shane added.

She rolled her eyes and laid back down, ignoring his question.

Silence filled the empty basement. Then I remembered Rachael didn't say what she missed. "Hey, Rach, what do you miss?" I asked.

She sat up and looked at me. "I don't know."

"You've got to miss something." Ian commented.

She rolled her eyes, "I don't know! I miss being able to do what I want. And not being stuck in a fucking basement!" She shouted.

We all nodded our heads in agreement.

"You know what else I miss?" Natalie remarked. We all turned our attention to her. "I miss food."

"YES!" We all shouted in concordance.

Then, the doors swung open and the next victim was thrown down. We all jumped up and bolted for the stairs.

"IAN!" I shouted. "SEE IF YOU..." The doors closed before I could finish that statement. "Great, we'll never know who it was." I walked back into the darkness and looked over at them again and saw Joey laying on top of Ian.

"Get...the fuck...OFF OF ME!" Ian yelled, rolling out from under Joey.

"Guys?" Joey asked, getting up from floor. He laughed. "What are you doing down here?"

"What do you think?" Rachael moodily replied.

He rolled his eyes and exclaimed, "Guys! I know who the kidnapper is!"

"Who?" We all inquired in unison.

He paused a little and stated, "Melanie."

"What?" I stood up, so did Rachael, Ian, and Natalie. Shane walked over to Joey. "It can't be." I stated. "She wouldn't do that."

"I saw it with my own eyes!" He retorted.

"Nah, my girlfriend wouldn't do that." Ian agreed with me. He walked over to me and stood by my side. "I'm siding with Anthony on this one."

"Then I'm siding with Joey!" Rachael said, standing by Joey.

"Why?" Natalie asked.

"I just think it makes sense that Melanie would do this. She's not a YouTuber, maybe she wants to be one and is taking us all out so she can rise to the top."

Natalie sighed, walking over to Joey and Rachael. My jaw dropped, and so did Ian's.

We all turned our heads towards Shane, waiting for him to pick which side he would be joining. He looked at both of us and quickly joined Joey and Rachael.

"Shane!" Ian whined.

He shrugged his shoulders.

"Fine then." I stated angrily. Of all people, I thought Rachael would've sided with me. But I guess I was wrong.  "We'll be divided from now on."

"Fine." Rachael retorted, crossing her arms. I glared at her. She just smirked back.

We stood their for a while in silence. Then we broke off into separate sides of the house. Joey, Shane, Natalie, and Rachael took the left side of the basement and Ian and I took the right.