[Chapter 21] What About Lisa?

-Shane's POV-

Everyone shared glances at each other and then looked at me.

"Where would she be?" Rachael inquired.

I shook my head, "Anthony. Ian. Where would your wife and girlfriend hide someone?"

"Well they could've taken her back to the artillery." Anthony answered.

"No," Joey butted in, "They're smarter than that to take her to the place where we all escaped."

"We have to get in the mind of the kidnappers!" Mari exclaimed. "So, the artillery is out of the question. What are other, like, 'secret' places?"

"Why don't we check your apartment, Shane?" Natalie offered.

"No. They wouldn't want me to find her." I remarked, discarding that idea almost immediately. "Ooh! What about Joey's place?"

"Nah..." He began to stroke his chin as if he had a beard, "I don't think they'd put her in anyone's place. It'd be too obvious!"

"Then where would she be?" Jovenshire said the thought we all had out loud.

The house filled with silence as we all went into deep thought. Then we heard someone's phone go off. We all looked at the cell phone on the table. It was Anthony's.

He walked over to it and picked it up. He held the phone to his ear, "Hello?"

"Put it on speaker!" Sohinki told him to do under his breath.

Anthony did as he was told. The message was cut off, but still understandable, "...there is going to be a hearing for the case of your wife and Mr. Hecox's girlfriend. We'd like you and whoever else was in that basement with you to come and testify. Is that alright with you, sir?"

He looked around, making sure we all were on board too. We all nodded our heads. Anthony held the phone up to his mouth, "Yeah. That's fine."

"Great. The hearing will be in two days. See you all there." And the call ended.

He sighed, "Great, now I have to testify against my own wife."

"Do you not realize she KIDNAPPED US!?!" Joey yelled at him.

"And you called it off with her." Lasercorn reminded him.

He hung his head and gulped, "I know, but still..."

"There's no 'but still'!" I shouted. "They kept you, us, in a basement with no food or water for weeks. What's today's date anyways?"

Anthony looked at his phone, "August 30."

All of our jaws dropped.

"The last time I checked the date it was August 5!" Rachael exclaimed.

"Anthony, you can't still love your wife. She kept us locked in a dark, hot, sweaty place for more than twenty-five days. And you still want to believe she's good?"

He crossed his arms, "Well, I don't think she deserves to go to jail."

"Dude! She..."

"SHUT UP!" Natalie shouted. "Arguing is not going to get us any closer to finding Lisa." We all nodded our heads in agreement. "Alright, so, let's get back to thinking of places she might be."

"Hey, guys," Ian remarked after a minute or two of no ideas, "Look, as much as I want Lisa to be found, I'm exhausted and just want to go home and go to sleep on my bed. I'm pretty sure we all do." Chatter filled the room as we all started talking about their beds.

"What about Lisa?" I whimpered.

"We can look for her tomorrow, Shane," Joey stated, "I'm sure if you and Nachael and Smosh could live for a while in a basement with no food, Lisa can survive one night."

"But what if one night is all she has!" I argued. "Guys?" I looked around the room for support, all of them were keeping eye contact with the floor. I stood up and winced in pain. "Fine!" I said through my teeth, "You all are jerks!"

I limped out of the house and sat down on the bench at the bus stop. I looked back and saw everyone dispersing from Anthony's house. How could they just give up on trying to find Lisa? She's just as important as anyone else in that house...and they just gave up because they were "exhausted"! Bull shit!

The bus arrived and I got on.

*****

As I walked into my apartment, I stripped off my clothes (all except my underwear) and trudged into the bathroom. I undid the bandage on my foot to see its condition. The wound looked a lot better now that Rachael cleaned it up. I wrapped the gauze around my foot again and started up the shower for a bath.

I heard a hushed moan come from the hallway. I turned the water off and listened again. Another moan, this one more elongated than the last.

I shuffled for my phone and dialed everyone. Telling them something was in my house and I needed them to come over as soon as possible. They all gradually agreed with some convincing, and soon enough, everyone was at my house.

"Hey guys," I greeted, struggling to get into the main room.

"What is it?" Mari inquired.

"Well I don't know! I just..." The moan sounded again and everyone froze up. "See what I mean?"

"Why couldn't you just check it out for yourself?" Joey questioned, rubbing his arms in fright.

"Because I was scared to." I admitted.

Just then, my bedroom burst open and we all shrieked. Out came a wobbly Lisa holding her head, ramming into the wall and balancing herself in the middle of the hallway. "What the fuck happened?" She asked as she tried to gain perspective of the environment around her.

I shot up, stumbled over to her, and hugged her tightly, "Oh my god! Lisa! I thought you were dead!" I kissed her on the lips.

"Well, now that Lisa's found, we can all go back to our normal lives," Jovenshire stated, "Well, relatively normal lives. See you later, guys!"

I watched as everyone walked out of my apartment. I turned around to Lisa and sighed in relief. "I'm so glad you're okay."

"The kidnapper's are Melanie and Kalel!" She told me, "They were the ones to shoot you in the foot, and kill Meghan, and kidnap me!"

I smiled and ran my fingers through her blonde hair, "You're a little late there, Lisa."

She raised one of her eyebrows, "What do you mean?" I told her all about what happened at Anthony and Kalel's house. "Wow..." Was the only word she could find to react to that, I probably would've done the same thing.

I pulled her close to me again, "I love you, Lisa. And if anything happened to you, I wouldn't know what to do with myself."

She looked up at me and smiled, "I love you too, Shane." I pulled her into another kiss, and I couldn't have felt more happy to have her as my girlfriend.