[Chapter 3] Just Kalel and Melanie

-Rachael's POV-

I was looking back at the video we posted last week. There was a wide variety of comments under it. Some commented mean things like: Haha, sure, Smosh is "busy," you subscriber whores and then some were nice, saying: That's nice of you guys. Hope all goes well! Then my eyes averted to the likes/dislikes bar - it was about 50/50, with more dislikes than likes. I closed the Internet and spun around in my chair, getting up and walking into the living room.

I plopped down on the couch and turned on the TV, only to be interrupted by the sound of someone pounding on the door.

"Whaaat?" I whined as I got myself up and walked around the couch to the front door. I swung it open and froze. There they were, standing before me, looking at me like they wanted to kill me.

"Hi." I greeted calmly. "Can I help you two?"

"How could you do such a thing!?!" Kalel yelled.

"You were supposed to use the index cards we gave you!" Melanie shouted.

"Okay, first of all, I'm sorry." I apologized half-heartedly. "And secondly, those cards were bull shit. You made it sound like they just plain got up and left!"

"Well you're explanation wasn't any better!" Kalel remarked in a snarky manner.

"Hey, Rach!" Nat called from her bedroom. "Who is it?"

"Just Kalel and Melanie!" I answered.

"Oh...alright!"

I turned back to Kalel and Melanie. "Alright, so what if I didn't use your cue cards? We still got the message out that we'd be taking over Smosh for now, so what's the big deal?"

Melanie crossed her arms. But it was Kalel who did most of the arguing. "You don't get it!"

I put my hands on my hips. "You know what? You're right. I don't get it. So, please, Kalel, explain to me what I should be getting." I replied sarcastically.

She threw her hands in the air and turned away from me. Then she turned back, poking my chest, "Just don't ruin them, okay?"

I smacked her hand away from me, "I wouldn't ruin Smosh, Kalel." She raised one of her perfectly trimmed eyebrows. "Okay, I won't intentionally ruin them."

She rolled her eyes and spun around. "Come on, Melanie. We're done here."

The two of them started to walk away from me when Melanie stopped abruptly, pivoted on her heels, and called to me. "Oh, and Rach? Be sure to be aware of your surroundings." She winked and Kalel jerked her away.

I stood in my doorway trying to think about what Melanie told me. "Be aware of your surroundings..." I repeated aloud.

"What?"

I spun around and punched my hand outward in a fist. I watched as Natalie clutched her stomach and double over in pain.

"I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed as I brought my hands to my mouth.