[Chapter 6] Maybe We're Wrong

-Rachael's POV-

I pushed Natalie off of me and stared at her, waiting for her to wake up. She was unresponsive. I checked her heart-rate, make sure that she was still alive. Which she was. I concluded that she was knocked out cold. I sighed.

I attempted to make sense of the back of the van. But it was almost impossible. The windows were painted and the only light available was the light that shined through the cracks in the paint.

The driver made a sharp turn and Natalie and I were pushed up against the wall of the van. I squeezed my eye shut as a jolt of pain shot up through my back. I heard Nat slide on the floor and slam up against the wall.

"W-w-where am I?" Nat groaned as I heard her sit up. "And why does the top of my head hurt so much?"

"I..." The driver came to a stop and Nat and I were slammed against the wall opposite from the two doors. "I think we're in the back of someone's..." And just before I could finish my statement, the two back doors swung open. I put my hand up to my eyes to block the huge flash of blinding light. "...van. We're in someone's van."

The next I know, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me out of the back.

My eyes adjusted to the light and I realized we were being taking to the back of an abandoned building. Natalie and another person dressed in black were leading us. The person holding Nat kicked open one of the storm cellar doors and pushed Natalie into it. Next was me.

I watched as Nat tripped on her heels and fell flat on her face. I stumbled down the stairs and jumped so I wouldn't hurt her. Upon landing, my left heel broke, my ankle twisted, and I fell into the stone, brick wall.

"FUCK!" I shouted as I slid to the floor and grabbed my ankle, trying to hold back the tears.

I saw Nat lift her head up. "Why am I always the one to get hurt?" She moaned, getting up. I noticed the light faded away as the cellar doors were shut and locked.

"Nachael?" The oh-so familiar, well-known, and long-loved voices of our two favorite YouTubers sounded.

Natalie and I made eye contact with each other and gasped, turning our heads to see Smosh emerge from the darkness of this basement. I raised my eyebrow when I noticed what they were wearing - Star Trek uniforms. Anthony wore yellow and Ian wore red.

"What are you doing down here?" Anthony inquired, averting his attention from Natalie to me.

"Are you here to let us go?" Ian questioned.

Anthony walked over to me, removed my hand from my ankle, and began to examine it for himself. I stared at him, confused why he was helping me.

"What do you mean 'let you go'?" Natalie retorted in the form of a question.

"You see," Anthony began to explain, "We thought you guys were the people who put us down here." He looked back at Ian, "But maybe we're wrong. Why would they hurt themselves?"

Ian scoffed, "Uh...duh! To make it less obvious...they are...the..." He went quiet, realizing how stupid he was sounding.

"Wait," I added, "Why would you think we'd kidnap you?"

Ian laughed, "Well, we..."

Anthony interrupted him, "Uh, correction, just you."

Ian rolled his blue eyes, "We thought that you just want to have us for yourselves and you were intimidated by the rate at which our subscribers were rising."

My jaw dropped in shock. "Okay, Ian Hecox, to start off, that was a dream we had when we were younger, and we promised that once we moved here, we'd solely focus on our career..."

"But," Natalie murmured quietly, "I actually wanted to be with Ian..."

"SHUT UP, NAT! YOU'RE NOT PROVING MY POINT!" I shouted. Natalie gave me one of her signature death glares. I rolled my eyes, "And secondly, we're not intimidated by you by any means. We're already the number one subscribed channel, and don't give a fuck if we lose that title."

"Yeah!" Natalie agreed with me. I looked at her in confusion. She always confused me with her sudden mood changes.

Ian glared at me with his arms crossed.

Anthony cleared his throat, "Rachael, if what you're saying is true, then who would be the kidnapper?"

Natalie and I both shrugged our shoulders. "We don't know." We said in unison.

"We need to find a way out!" Ian shouted, changing the subject. "Smosh is going to go downhill without us there! We're going to lose so many subscribers!"

"Um, not to be selfish, Ian," I stated, "But the same thing is going to happen to us, so what's the big deal?"

"Actually," Natalie butted in, "We were helping you guys by filling in for you while you were missing. But now we're stuck down here too..." She glanced over at me and gasped, "Who's going to take over Nachael!?!"

I looked at her and shook my head, "I don't know! But it doesn't matter! People already hate us..."

"Wait...so you guys 'took over' Smosh?" Anthony asked.

I sighed, "Yes, temporarily..." I pulled my one good leg in and rested my head on my knee, "And we failed you guys..."

Anthony put his hand on my shoulder, "You didn't fail us, Rachael. If anything, we should be thanking you. I mean, it takes a lot to just take on another channel, wait...five channels including your own. You didn't fail us in any way."

I just stared into the darkness, not believing what he was saying.

"I can't stand it down here!" Ian yelled like a mad man, putting his hands up to his head and pulling on his hair. "It's musty, it's humid, it's hot, and THERE'S NO LIGHT! AND NOW THERE'S NO HOPE BECAUSE WE DON'T KNOW WHO THE KIDNAPPER IS!" He ripped his shirt off and threw it at Anthony. Anthony flinched, catching the shirt in his hands.

"Calm down!" Natalie exclaimed, gripping onto Ian's upper arms. I watched as her face lit up. She snapped out of the daze she was in and continued, "We're going to get help. I'm sure of it. There's all of the other YouTubers, right?"

Ian rudely ripped himself away and dragged himself back into the darkness. Natalie followed him, leaving Anthony and I to the small section of light that shown through the separation between the doors. Anthony glanced at me and threw the shirt across the room, sitting beside me.