Chapter 8

After a while, Dale suddenly tells us to get down. I stand there like an idiot for a few seconds before Glenn pulls me under the car that he's under.

"What the hell is going on?" I whisper.

"A geek herd." He whispers back.

I do a quiet whimper and then stay quiet. But just when we thought the herd had passed we heard a scream.

"Sophia." Glenn and I say together.

I'm about to go try and help look for her, but Daryl and Rick insisted I stay with the others. I was a little mad, but stayed anyways.

They came back later with no Sophia. I was comforting a crying Carol. Lori came over and told me to get some rest. Instead I wandered over to Rick.

"So what happened?" I questioned.

"I tell her to stay under a rock with vines on it and to follow the sun to get back, and she's gone." He does a quick explanation.

"I hope she's okay..." I mumble.

"She will be. She's a tough girl. We'll continue the search tomorrow for her."

I walk away from Rick after giving him a quick hug and walk over to Daryl. He looks at me for a few moments, sighs, then mumbles something that I can't quite catch.

"Hmmm?" I hum softly.

"What, woman."

"Call me (y/n)." I puff out my cheeks and pout playfully.

"Alright (y/n), what?"

"Nothing, just enjoying your company." I tuck a strand of my (h/l) (h/c) behind my ear and smile softly. Unbeknownst to me, Daryl thought I looked absolutely beautiful with my (s/c) skin and my (e/c) eyes.

Man I'm tired. It's almost 12:30... I have school tomorrow. But whatevs. Ask me questions if you have to! BTW. If my backup AttackonLunasbackup replies, it's still me! Thanks for the reads!