Chapter 10

When we get to the farm, I run to go see Carl. He's like a little brother to me, I can't lose him. I walk in and see Rick with his head in his hands and I wonder where Lori is. I walk over.

"I'm sorry." I mumble

"Why are you sorry? I can't even protect my own son..." He sobs out the last part.

I put my hand on his back and start
rubbing small circles, as to comfort him.

"He'll make it. He's a strong boy, Rick."

"I know, I just wish it was me in that there hospital bed and not him..."

"Don't say that!" I cry out.

I throw my arms around him and whisper comforting words into his ear.

"You'll be alright."

"He'll be alright."

"We'll all be alright."

It did calm him down.

"Thank you, (y/n)."

"No problem, Rick. If you need someone to talk to you can always come to me." I smile at him.

I walk out to go find Daryl.

"Yoo-hoo! Redneck! Where are youuuuu?" I say in a sing-song voice.

He crawls out of his tent.

"What do you want woman?" He says growling slightly.

"Can I share your tent please? My sister still isn't talking to me, and it's really cold at night..." I trail off at the end.

"Whatever." He mumbles.

"Thanks so much!" I hug Daryl and he tenses up but soon hugs me back.

We crawl into his tent and I plop down. It's night time now. And I'm really cold. I feel strong arms wrap around my body, pulling me in to a welcome warmth. I feel Daryl's steady breathing on my neck and shiver slightly. He pulls me in to his chest and I finally wrap my arms around him and fall into a peaceful sleep.

Wait, are we cuddling? Oh well, as long as it's Daryl!

A/N
I updated! I'm sorry, I'm really busy now. Should I do lemon chapters? Thank you for reading ❤️