Chapter 8

Lauren's Pov (this is a first)

Y/n and I have been getting along better after discussing this whole me being pregnant thing. The only thing is telling my parents and siblings. Y/n said he'll be beside me the whole time but that doesn't make me any less nervous about telling them.

Right now Y/n and I are cuddled up in my room watching a movie. My parents are downstairs and Chris and Taylor are at their friends house. I sit up and that makes him look at me confused. "Y/n we need to tell them." He looks at me confused, "Tell who, what?" "My parents. I have to tell them I can't keep hiding it. And even if I do I'm gonna start showing soon. The. They'll figure it out by themselves." He nodded his head and grabbed my hand. "We can tell them now since it's just us right now." This time I nodded my head and stood up then walked towards my door. "It's now or never." He grabbed my hand and walked downstairs towards the living room. Afterwards I called my mom and dad into the living room. "Mamí and papí can you come here we need to talk." I let out a shaky breath and wiped my hands on my pants. I started to fiddle with my fingers which made Y/n grab my hand and intertwine our fingers then he took his thumb and rubbed the back of my hand to calm me down.

"Mija what's wrong?" My mom looked at me worriedly. I looked at Y/n and he nodded his head for me to continue. "Uhhh mamí, papí. We have something to tell you." I looked down as tears started to form in my eyes which my parents didn't fail to notice. Y/n also saw and started rubbing my back soothingly. "Um what she's trying to say is that we're gonna have a baby." Y/n said quickly but gave a shy smile at the end. He wiped my face with his hands and kissed my temple. "Please don't cry baby. It's gonna be ok. We're fine." He kept whispering reassuring things in my ear making me totally forget that my parents were there.

They were still quiet with shock written across their faces. We just waited patiently for them to say something, not pushing the issue to make it more awkward than it already was. "How far along are you?" My mom asked while still looking everywhere other than me and Y/n. "2 months." She nodded her head. My dad stared blankly at the floor. "Mija you do realize that this is a big responsibility for the both of you. And it's gonna be a big adjustment." My mom spoke up again. "Ms. Jauregui we've talked about this in detail. And we both know how much it's gonna affect our lives. I'm leaving her or this little monkey behind for anything. No matter what happens I'll be here for them. I love her and our child with all my heart even though the baby isn't even here yet. I'm not exactly sure what our life will be like when it does but I'll help to make the best of it."

Both me and my mom looked at Y/n with tears in our eyes. That's the sweetest things someone has ever said to me. I hugged him as tight as I could causing him to chuckle at my actions but hug me back. "You better take care of my baby girl." My dad said as he looked up with glossed over eyes. "I will sir and that's a promise." Y/n said and stood up then walked up to my dad. My mom and I exchanged confused looks. He pulled my dad up by his hand and gave him a hug. "I promise with everything in me that I'll keep Lauren and that little monkey safe. Now everyone come over here for a group hug." I giggled at his excitement but stood up along with my mom to join the group hug.

"Alright Y/n I'm trusting you with her and my grandchild you better take good care of them." My dad said with a serious face and patted Y/n's back. He nodded his head and looked me in my eyes. "I will sir. I will." He smiled at me and hugged me tight.

Maybe this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be