Chapter 9

Y/n's Pov (1 month later GRADUATION DAY)

Finally I'm done with hell and can focus on me and my family. Yeahhhhh my family...I like the sound of that. We told Chris and Taylor later that week and I think I lost some of my hearing from Taylor screaming so much about how she's going to be an aunt. Right now I'm going to pick up Lauren so we can go to school for the graduation ceremony and then go home and chill. I got her this promise ring as a graduation present and I'm gonna give it to her when us and her parents have dinner together later today. I thought Mr. Jauregui would hate me after we told him, I mean I did take the last of his daughter's innocence (her innocence was wearing thin already tho and I was helping her heart grow strong). But he treats me like his own son. I have the house to myself now.

Sadly my grandma died. I told her I was gonna be a dad though and she got to meet Lauren. She loved Lauren the day she met her. I was glad she got along with her. Every time I would bring her over they would always laugh and talk together. God I really miss her. Lauren and her family were there for me the whole time. Even when I wasn't at their house Lauren came over and just cuddled with me and took me to do things to keep me calm. Sometimes to help me take my mind off of it.

After I picked up Lauren we arrived at school a little early and just talked. I looked over at her once we got out of the car and got to fully check her out. She had a simple but stunning white dress on with black heels. Her Raven hair was flowing down her back while she had on some simple eyeliner and a few of her rings. "You look wow." She looked up at me and blushed. "Stop it. You don't look too bad yourself."

(That's your suit)

(That's your suit)

"Thanks babe. Now let's get inside." I grabbed her hand and walked inside. Soon enough the ceremony started and we graduated. Afterwards we met with Y/bf/n and Lauren's friends (Camila, Ally, Dinah, and Normani) to hang out a bit as newly graduated buddies. While we were hanging out I found out Y/bf/n has a little crush on Ally so I figured I would help set him up with her later on. For the next hour we all shared laughs and got to know each other better. Soon enough everyone had to go their separate ways, Lauren and I to go get ready for dinner with her family.

When we arrived at the restaurant I sat next to Lauren and we sat across from Chris and Taylor. Mike and Clara sat on the ends, Mike on my side and Clara on Lauren's. We were having dessert and a good time getting along but I looked at the time on my phone and realized it's time for my little speech and promise ring. I nodded at Chris because he knew about this and so did Mike and he nodded back. I got up to "use the bathroom" and calmed my nerves a bit because let's face it this is like a mini proposal and I don't want to screw this up. I looked in the mirror and gave myself a quick pep talk just so I don't back out of this.

When I walk back outside I see them all talking and enjoying themselves. Mike looks up at me and I nod my head signaling that I'm about to do it. I tap Lauren and she looks up at me then I turn her chair around. "Lauren Michelle Jauregui. Words can't really describe what you mean to me. But I'm still gonna try." I begin with a light chuckle. She looks at me confused but I continue. "These past couple of months have been the best months of my life. I'm so glad that you're mine. When we first met I was an ass to you but that was because I liked you. I know it was a weird way of showing it. I just didn't to now what to do. You were and still are very beautiful. I fell for your inner and outer beauty. You're Raven black hair that flows perfectly down your back and shoulders. Your ivory skin that glows in the sun. Your cute as a button nose that I like to put little kisses on to make you giggle. Your soft lips that I love to kiss so much. They're like a drug that I'm addicted to and can't get enough of. Your hypnotizing and piercing green eyes. Every time I look into them I get lost like its a galaxy. But you're not only beautiful on the outside. Your personality it beautiful too. You're always nice to people if you know them or not. They way you think about things is beautiful. Your mind and heart is so precious and I'd never do anything to mess that up. I just want to help keep it safe so that nothing happens to it."

By now I was down on one knee and reaching into my pocket. "Lauren I love you so much and I promise that I will always be by your side. This isn't a proposal yet but it's a promise between us. A promise that we'll always stick together no matter what goes on between us. That we won't cheat on each other and that if there is a problem we talk things out." I had pulled the ring out of my pocket and held it out for her to see. She had tears rolling down her face along with Taylor and Clara and I reached up and wiped her tears with the pad of my thumb. She nodded her and whispered "I promise. I love you too. I promise to stay by you." I was smiling like a 5 year old on Christmas. I stood up and pulled her up with me and pulled her in for a sweet passionate kiss. Our lips moved and sync and we kind of forgot that her parents and siblings were there until someone cleared their throat. I pulled back with a blush creeping up my cheeks. "Uh s-sorry about that." Lauren giggled and kissed my cheek. We sat down and enjoyed the rest of dinner with her family.

Life is great