Chapter 9- Jealous?

Alison's POV:

Today is my first day back to work after everything that has happened. I got up, didn't my hair and makeup and heard a knock at the door. It was Emily.

"Hey." She said walking in, giving me a peck on the lips.

"Hey you." I said smiling. She handed me a coffee.

"It's your favorite"

"You're the best."

She looked down and blushed.

"Want me to drive you?" She asked.

"Sure let me get my stuff." I ran upstairs and grabbed my purse.

"Ready." I said.

The car ride just consists of Emily and I making jokes. Once we got to the school, she walked me inside. We both walked to the office. Emily wanted to see if there was a swim coaching job available. And I, just had to get a few papers. As I was walking in, I bumped into a man.

"I'm so sorry." He said.

"It's ok." I said with a smile. I looked up at him. He was tall, handsome, and was wearing a business sort of sweater.

"Hi. My name is Dr. Rollins, I'm the new health teacher here." He said reaching out to grab my hand and shake it. I shook his hand and I felt Emily's eyes looking at me.

"I'm Alison. I'm the Literature teacher." I said smiling.

"Well if I ever need to help with my poems I'll make sure to come to you." He said laughing.

"Oh? Do you actually write?" I asked curiously. I don't usually find other people who enjoy writing poems.

"Yeah. Little things though. You can read some sometime if you want."

"That would be great!" I said cheerfully.

I felt Emily grab my waist try to get me to leave. I take her hints.

"Well. Um I have to go, but it was nice meeting you."

"It was nice meeting you too." He said smiled and walked out.

"What's wrong?" I asked Emily.

"N-nothing. We will talk about it later. Have a good day." She said and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek before walking into the principals office. I just shrugged it off and walked to my class room. The classes went by slow. Then the bell for lunch came. I pulled out my apple and water, ate and graded papers. Then I heard someone knock at the door.

"Hey Alison. I have those poems if you want to read them.." Rollins said.

"Thank you. I'll read them for sure. Do you have a first name or do you want me to call you Dr. Rollins?" I asked chuckling.

"No. Haha. It's Elliot. Elliot Rollins." He said.

"Good to know." I said while sitting down. He stood there while I read his poems. They were truly great.

"These are... Amazing. How did you come up with this?" I asked.

"I don't know they just come to me I guess. Hey, can I ask you something?"

I looked at him and raised my eyebrow.

"Sure"

"Who was that girl with you this morning?"

"Oh. That's my girlfriend, Emily."

He looked down as if he was completely crushed. Then I heard someone knock at the door. It was Emily.