Chapter 19- Be My Happy Ending

Alison's POV:

It was a nice calming flight. From time to time I would glance at Emily to find her asleep. After awhile I feel asleep too. I woke up to Emily tracing her hand on my cheek.

"Babe. We're about to land. Wake up sleepy head." She said. I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

When we landed, we got our luggage and got an uber. Emily gave him the address to where we will be staying. It was about a 30 minute drive from the airport. When we got to the hotel, I looked around seeing how fancy and elegant it looked. "Em. How much did this cost? I mean by the looks of it.. You went all out." She shook her head and laughed. "I'm  not you going to tell you. It's for your birthday you deserve this and so much more."  She kissed my cheek and she went to the front desk, and I heard her say something in fluent French. I looked at her bewildered. "Since when do you speak French?" I asked her. She giggled. "Over the time where we weren't together I decided to learn it.. In case."

I looked at her confused. "In case? In case for what?"

"In case I was ever able to get you back and take you here. I know you always wanted to." She said shyly. I felt my heart flutter by her statement.

"You're so cute you know that?" I asked her teasingly. "Yeahhhh I am pretty cute" she said. I playfully hit her arm and she acting like she was in pain and rubbed it. "What was that for?" I just laughed and shook my head and walked down the hall way to our room.

I heard Emily mumble "asshole" and I turned around. "I heard that." I told her. Her eyes widened but then she spoke. "It was unwanted physical contact" She told me and I laughed.

"Well you don't hear me complaining about 'unwanted physical contact' when I'm not in the mood to do anything but you come on to me all touchy feely now do you?" I said with a smirk.

Her cheeks burned red and I laughed to my self. She pointed at me and spoke "That's different." She barley choked out. I just raised my eyebrows and continued to walk to our door. When we reached to room Emily took out our key and unlocked the door and opened it. When we saw the inside i was breathless. Flat screen tv, one huge king sized bed, a beautiful view that you can see the Eiffel Tower from. A little chandelier and it was painted white and gold all over.

"This is... Wow...." I said. "I know..." Emily agreed.

"Em this must have cost so much... I don't even know what to say..." I told her. She shook her head. "Babe it's fine. Don't worry about it. Now I was thinking. How about we just relax tonight and we do our sight seeing Tomorrow?" She suggested. I nodded. We do need time to unpack and get settled so that's what we did. After about an hour of unpacking, we finally settled down and watched a movie. We watched fm favorite, Sleeping Beauty. Emily calls me her sleeping beauty because she thinks I resemble the character so much. And I love it.

I barley made it half way through when I fell asleep. Waking up, I felt a pair of protecting arms wrapped around me. Holy shit it's my birthday. And Emily is here. It's not a dream. This whole year was real. She's here and so Am I. I could help but to start crying I bit. I must have woke up Emily because I felt her shift. "Babe are you okay? Are you crying?" She said sitting up. I wiped my tears and nodded. "Yeah yeah I'm fine. It's good tears Em. Trust me." I told her. She nodded her head. "Good. I don't want my princess crying on her birthday." She smiled and I say up. "Thanks." I laughed. She pulled m in for a bug and held me close. "Happy birthday Ali. I love you so much." She whispered, her voice barley said without cracking. I held her right and rested my head on her shoulder. "Thank you Emily. I love you too. " I told her. After that, we got ready and went out to Brest fast. We woke up kind of late so we were able to do much before Emily insisted we go back to our room and she wouldn't tell me why. When we go there she seemed anxious. "Em what's wrong do you feel sick?" She shook her head. "We have dinner reservations in two hours and I know how long it takes you to get ready fancy. But I wanted to give you your gift before we get there" she said with a smile.
"Em I told you not to get me anything." I told her and she shook her head. "Do you honestly think I would listen to you about it?" I laughed "true you are stubborn." She smiled and went into her bag. She pulled out a box wrapped in paper and a bow on it. I smirked at her and started to open it. When I opened the box I gasped.