Chapter 21- Chicken Alfredo

Alison's POV

It's been a week since Paris. A week since my birthday. A week since Emily proposed. It's been the best week of my life.

When we got back, we were crowded with our friends and family in my house; or should I say Emily and I's house. According to Emily's mom, we were the talk of the town when everyone heard. It didn't take me long to figure out who told everyone. Hanna did. I tried telling Emily that we should wait until we got back to tell her but she was so excited she felt like she had to tell someone. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited too; ecstatic even. But I did want to wait to tell people. I knew that if we released the news, our phones would be blowing up while we were gone. So out last day in Paris wasn't really anything special it was mostly answering and responding to calls and texts.

It did warm my heart though to see Emily so freely telling everyone about us, and how much she loves me and how happy she is.

Today is my first day back to work since everything. It's all been chaotic since we got back because of planning. Emily's mom has been so helpful and kind of persistent on wanting us to get married. Like, she wants us married SOON. I was curious, so I asked her why she was in a rush and wanted us to get married so quickly. She responded with "I'm just really excited to be able to actually calling you my daughter in law." I swear, I haven't smiled that big since the proposal.

I always saw Pam as like a second mother, considering she's known me for ten years and after everything we've been through. She never looked at me with judgmental faces, or disapproval when Emily and I were dating. And I'm great full for that, considering my past when I was younger and how I was to Emily before we were a couple.

Walking into the school, i turned the corner of the hallway to get to my class room. When I was almost there, a man stood in my way. I looked up to meet his eyes.

"Hi Alison," Elliot Rollins said to me, with a sly smile on his face.

"I haven't seen you around." He said. I saw his eyes go up and down my body, making me more uncomfortable.

"Yeah, I was away for a bit on vacation." I told him, walking inside my classroom as he then followed me in. He nodded his head, clearing his throat.

"So um, I was wondering.." he trailed off. I could tell he was getting nervous, little bit of sweat on his forehead, and he was playing with his left shirt sleeve.

"Would you maybe like to go out sometime? Like on a date? If you're not still with Emily...." he said. I was stunned.

I guess not everyone knew about the engagement. Damn.

"Um.. look Elliot," I started but he cut me off. "Look I know we don't know each other well, but I would really like to. You're beautiful Alison, and we both share interest in poetry, we're both smart, and I promise you I could give you everything you want. I really like you Alison. I'm sorry for kissing you the last time Alison that was way out of line. I should have confessed my feelings in a more proper manner and that's what I'm trying to do now. Please, give me a chance." He begged.

I feel bad for saying it, but it took everything in my power to not laugh in his face.

"Elliot, I'm sorry but I'm still with Emily. In fact," I raised my left hand up, showing him the ring. "she proposed to me. Emily and I went on vacation in Paris and proposed. I'm sorry, I'm truly just not into you like that, I'm in love with Emily." I told him.

I saw him tense up, and clenched his jaw. I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared for what was going to happen next.

"You know what?" He started, "it's fine. You both are going to burn in hell for this anyways so why should I even bother?"