6: The Elements

Matty's pulse continues with its irritating thundering as George threads his way in between the few people blocking them from reaching the empty lawn, his movements appearing effortless as Matty stumbles along behind him.

George keeps a tight grip on Matty's hand as they go, and although Matty isn't complaining, he's certain that George can feel the way his veins are vibrating through their conjoined hands. He's sure that he's going to make a subtle jab about it any second now that Matty won't be able to reciprocate, but the remark never comes much to Matty's surprise.

A part of Matty wants to pull away from George's touch, to rescind his earlier confession entirely. He could simply claim he was pissed, that he didn't know what he had been saying and that this wasn't such a good idea after all, but Matty keeps his lips pressed firmly together, because that's all a lie. He wants this, he is practically trembling with anticipation as George leads him onward, and although Matty is scared, he isn't going to admit that to anyone, especially not to George.

Matty holds his breath as they cross over into the shadowed area that is Grimmy's surprisingly well-kept garden, leaving the bright lights of the patio behind as George keeps walking. Matty glances over his shoulder numerous times, but their sudden withdrawal hasn't drawn any attention, in fact, it appears that everyone is heading inside besides for a few stragglers.

"This okay?" George asks, stopping just as Matty is on the verge of complaining about not being able to see where he's going. George pulls Matty in front of him so he is completely hidden if anyone happens to glance this way, shielding him with his large body and the wall to their left.

"Fine," Matty bites out, wiping his palms on his jeans once George finally releases his fingers, trying to conceal his nerves before George begins teasing him.

"You know..." George pauses, his voice rough, hoarse even, as if what is he trying to get out is paining him. "We don't have to do this if you don't want to."

"No," Matty protests breathlessly, cursing himself over the speed with which he blurts out his answer. "I do - really." Matty blesses the heavy darkness surrounding him, because it is the only thing hiding the crimson stain dragging from his cheeks down to his chest, the embarrassment that follows after nearly suffocates him as he realizes how badly he is aching for this.

"Come here then," George murmurs softly, his wide thumb digging into the sensitive skin of Matty's jaw, pulling his face closer as Matty all but melts into his grip.

Matty's eyes widen as George leans down, a sudden rush of panic shooting up his spine as he struggles with the decision of tugging away or surging forward, and not because he doesn't want George to kiss him, but because he's oddly terrified for some reason. This isn't like stealing a moment alone with a pretty girl to pass the time, this is so much more serious - potentially life-altering even, because this is George, and that changes everything, even though Matty is trying to convince himself that it doesn't.

But before Matty can allow his misgivings to fester any further than they already have, George's lips are against his, covering his pursed mouth entirely as Matty gasps loudly in shock. George takes the sound as an invitation to slip his tongue past Matty's parted teeth, stroking the muscle against them roughly once before he pushes it into the open space Matty provides for him.

Matty thinks he hears something from George as their tongues begin to rub against each other's, a vibration maybe, but he honestly isn't sure if he imagined it or not. His ears seem to be ringing loudly, and all of his senses are shutting down to anything that doesn't directly involve George: his smell, his taste, the pressure of his touch.

Matty isn't sure what he expected when he agreed to this kiss, but this wasn't it. He'd imagined it might start out slow, awkward and most likely uncomfortable at first, but George apparently has no qualms about diving directly into this, not that Matty is unhappy with his eagerness.