15: Saved

The show that night is amazing - electric and thriving with energy that Matty swears he's absorbing from everyone around him and injecting into his cells until he's afraid he might burst from the sudden rush of vitality.

The fans are feeling it too, keeping up with his intensity and then some. Matty loves it when it's like this, when it feels like the whole world has shrunken down to one small venue and he's connected to each and every person out there in a visceral way.

Matty can't seem to stay away from George's drum kit, throwing himself in that direction every moment he has the opportunity, spilling wine as he goes, but he forgets the stains every time George's glittering eyes meet his, the lights flashing around them adding another element to the not so subtle glances that has Matty feeling hot and strung out and so fucking alive.

Matty gives the others plenty of attention too, crowding into Adam's personal space, circling Jon until he's dizzy, even almost tripping over Ross at one point toward the end of their set. The crowd screams every time Matty flops his legs over the edge of the stage, stretching their arms in an attempt to touch him even though the barrier is a decent distance away.

When the final notes have faded away, Matty almost doesn't want to leave. George has to guide him down the steep steps when Matty stays in place for a little too long, and even then Matty drags his feet and wishes they could have played one more song.

Matty leans against George once they are secluded backstage, his lids falling shut as his back hits George's sweat slick chest. He's pleasantly drunk by this point, his inhibitions falling away as his cock swells slightly in his leather trousers when George pulls him closer, pushing his nose into Matty's tangled curls which long ago fell out of the bun he had placed it in earlier.

But just when Matty's about to suggest they call it a night earlier than usual, George's name is called from somewhere, snapping them both out of the haze they had been, and before Matty can protest, George is wandering over to where Jon is gesturing, leaving Matty feeling bereft and cold when only seconds ago his skin was on fire.

~~~

Matty goes back to the hotel alone, George having disappeared somewhere with Jon and a few of his friends, and although Matty considered finding them, he discards that notion rather quickly, bidding Adam and Ross good night before making his way into his room.

The high from the show is already beginning to ebb, and Matty's previous joy is fading into sullenness quickly. He downs the rest of the wine he carried with him, the lukewarm liquid settling heavily in his stomach as he throws himself across the bed dramatically.

Matty is regretting his decision to not follow George already, but he doesn't want to endure another after-party right now, he just wants George all to himself - he wants to kiss him again, and maybe more. It's been weeks since he's been with someone, fans haven't seemed appealing lately, especially with the large majority of them being so young unlike in the past, but he's almost positive it's George's fault that he hasn't been searching for a quick hookup lately.

George has captured Matty's attention entirely, which is a difficult feat to do, but of course now that Matty thinks he can bring himself to ask for more, George is busy with something else. That shouldn't bother Matty, he's obviously not George's only friend, but he's still more put out than he should be by his absence.

Thinking about George has Matty almost full hard now much to his chagrin. He's ashamed of himself for getting this worked up over his best mate, but that doesn't stop him from stripping down to nothing so he can get a hand on his cock, deciding to take care of his problem himself since George isn't around to do it.