A Rat

A/N

Well, I seem to have written a new story line. Oops. Another story you will have to wait for updates on. Sorry about that.

So anyways, If you are reading this

So anyways, If you are reading this..you probably have too much time on your hands. Something I do not have but am typing yet another story anyway. Enjoy.

Your (not so) Favorite Author,

~Ringleader_Robin

(Kit)

-------------

Being a hero was never really Dick Grayson's style. However, on the other end of the spectrum, neither was being a villain. Both sides had their pros and cons, but why just choose one side? Right in the middle of blurred lines. That is where Dick had placed himself, and that is where he would stay. One would think he would have this strong urge for justice or revenge when his family was murdered that night at Haley's Circus four years ago, but just like his parents, all emotions died that night. He shed his tears and now he is over it. No point crying over spilled blood. Besides, choosing one side over the other is bad for business.

Dick was probably the most valuable asset to both sides in terms of villains and superheroes. Afterall, he was both an information broker and a hacker. He traded information for information and used that information for money or something else he wanted. A pretty honest buisness, Dick liked to think of it as 'spreading the truth'. Of course, both sides know that he would give information about anyone if the price was high enough. Hell, he would give information on himself if he could get his hands on some interesting things. It is just a fact that both sides seemed to accept, some begrudgingly, but still swallow their pride. Even the Great Caped Crusader, the protector of the city he lives under, has graced him with his presence once or twice. That is right, you heard correctly, The mighty information broker lives in the sewers. That along with many other reasons, is why he was given the name 'Rat'.  It is not the most ideal place to live in some opinions, but hey, Batman spends his time in a cave and no one complains about him smelling like musk and bat poop. Besides, the area Dick lives in is abandoned and not in use, Dick Grayson does not and will not, take people's shit...literally. He built his home here, and it is the only home he had had ever sense he ran from the cops that night his parents met their demise. One thing Dick grayson hates more than anything is orphanages.

Dick sat in his chair and opened his laptop, eyes squinting at the new found light that filled his room. A client has asked him to locate and disarm security of an art museum to steal a very expensive painting. Dick did not really understand art, but the client promised him some new generators for his home along with some thermal heat goggles and a meal for his efforts. He scanned through the coding of the security system, humming as he did so. "He promised me a large meal after I get this done, this is basically like getting free food" He pressed a button on his laptop and all the the denied access warnings turned green. "Annnnddd we are clear for liftoff. " Dick grinned closing his laptop before crossing the room and picking up something from a pile of loose computer parts. Dick should probably ask for some labor as his next payment. His home needed another expansion to hold all of his prizes and payments. He whistled softly as he grabbed a screwdriver and starting deconstructing a panel from a supercomputer that a villain had stolen as payment for information on his enemy's whereabouts.

"Man this place is a dump, I can hardly see a thing!"

Dick paused slightly and looked up as he saw three figures walk towards the entrance of his home. "It is not very kind to insult other's homes, you know." He spoke calmly. He accepted all clients at all times of the day. Though he might have to charge his new clients extra for insulting him. " One moment, I will turn on the lights." Dick put on his mask, which shielded not only his identity, but his eyes. More often than not, Dick spent his time in the dark, his eyes have gotten rather sensitive to the point he has to wear sunglasses in a dimly lit room. He stood up and turned on the light, a small smirk in amusement gracing his face as he caught glimpse of the three who stood in front of him. "Well well, can't say that I have had many sidekicks visit my home, color me surprised. Welcome to my humble abode Kid Flash, Aqualad, and...what are you calling yourself now? Oh that is right. 'Red arrow'. So, What brings you here today?" Dick sat back down, crossing his arms loosely.

Kid Flash gawked a bit at the sight of Rat, when batman said he was a young, he was NOT expecting a kid that looked younger than all of them. "YOU are Rat?" He asked suspiciously , eying up the small boy who was now grabbing more junk from a pile of loose objects.

"That's what they call me." Dick lifted up an abandoned comlink he had found and examined it absently. He knew it always took awhile for new guests to accept his appearance, so he waited a moment for it all to sink in.

"I hear you are the one to come to for information." Aqualad spoke up, seeming to be the first one to process the age of the most known and dangerous hacker.

"Information, assistance, you name it." Dick mused slightly, tossing what he was messing with to the side. "At a cost of course. I am not into the whole charity thing like you goody-two-shoes are." he kicked his feet up and put them on another pile of junk clients have given him to show his point.

"And what exactly do you want us to pay with?" Red arrow spoke, not at all liking the fact that they were asked to stoop so low as to be asking this creep for help. Mission or not, this Rat character gave him the chills more than any villain could.

"Well it depends on the job." Dick chuckled slightly, the laugh causing the trio to flinch as it bounced off the walls and echoed eerily.

"We need information on a place called CADMUS."