Thanks

A/N

No need to cry, I have an update

New drinking game where every time Rat makes a movie/song/book/tv show  reference you take a shot

Whoop Whoop.

Friendly reminder that starting tomorrow I will be on vacation for a whole week and it is extremely unlikely that I will be on let alone Update.

That is all,

~Ringleader_Robin

(Kit)

--------------

Rat scratched at his now bandaged head, more than a little irritated with the kiddy league. "Are you happy now? I'm blind and injured. Some heroes you are." He scoffed as he kept his eyes closed. If the light were off, he would be able to see, but once again they refused to turn them off.

"We apologize for your mask... We could get you a new one." Kaldur tried to apologize but Rat was not having it. He was sick of this false kindness he had been receiving after the little incident with the mask. Why is it that when people get a glimpse of his eyes, they always go soft on him? It was sickening, there was no fun people were actually dare he say 'friendly' with him.

"I don't want a new one. I will just make a new one. You have done enough as it is." He scowled.

"He was just trying to apologize! Why are you always so bitter all the time!?" Wally snapped at, also growing tired of the way Rat insisted on shutting them out. All they were doing was trying to help!

"Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?" Rat asked sarcastically " And Why am I bitter? Well let's see.. First you pull me away from my home and keep me against my will. Secondly, you have a martian who does not know the meaning of person boundries. Third, muscles over here used me as a human punching bag and broke my mask...the list goes on and on. I do not want to be here! So why don't you just lead me to my new not so improved room where I can at least turn off the lights and see." Rat stood up, ignoring the other's protests. "If not, I will be finding it myself." He felt a hand on his shoulder. "Well at least you agreed to--" He paused, knowing that the hand's hight level was different from the rest of the kiddy league...meaning it was a different person. "Let me guess..Mr. Broody."

"What happened here?" Rat heard the voice ask in a deadpanned voice.

"Just a little kerfuffle Batsy, nothing to get overdramatic on." Rat muttered and felt something be placed in his hands. Rat recognized the object as a pair of sunglasses and put them on. "Wow, I feel like I'm in a crappy cop TV show." He mused a bit, but was relieved that he could see. He glanced up at Batman. "Thanks." That seemed to take everyone by surprise. "What!?" He looked around, confused at the shocked faces, what did he do? "Stop staring at me like I grew a second head!"

"You said thank you.." Wally mumbled, surprised that the other used mannerisms in a non sarcastic matter.

"What? I can't say thank you?" Rat felt his face heat up slightly in humiliation, he just let the saying slip, he never thanked anyone, it had to be a fluke. "You are all stupid." He insulted lamely. "Whatever...I am going to my room." He pushed past the others and stormed off to his room. He needed to get out of here, he needed a way to escape this stupid team before he allowed himself to go soft.

-----------

"And where do you think you are going?"

Rat froze as he reached the zeta tube. He should have known that it was not going to be that simple, can't blame a guy for trying. He gave an awkward laugh and turned around, now facing a frowning Batman. He held up two fingers and and made a circular motion. "This is not the Rat you are looking for." He sighed when he saw the the Bat was not amused. "Look, I needed the fresh air, and at night I don't have to wear these stupid sunglasses..." He lied though he knew that he was not going to get off that easily for his failed escape.

Batman sighed. It was obvious that the other was trying to escape, what bothered him was he was extremely sloppy about it. Perhaps Superboy hit him in the head too hard...or perhaps he was slowly warming up to staying here. Either way, he was not going to let the other leave. Afterall, He had taking responsibility for the child. He was the one who decided to make him a member of the team, and now he would have to deal with whatever comes his way. "Tomorrow the team is having a little vacation. I expect you to join them and take that opportunity to get some 'fresh air'.

Dick huffed. "I don't do group vacations. Besides, I don't want to be anywhere near those idiots that are NOT my team and certainly NOT my problem." He would much rather stay where there is wifi connection to be honest. Fresh air was for hippies, looks like his lie had backfired on him.

"I am afraid that you will not have a choice in the matter."

Oh that is just GREAT.

---(another time skip cause why not?)-----

Dick glared from under the umbrella, hugging his knees close to his body as he stared at the rest of his so called 'team' enjoyed the beach just outside of the mountain. The weather was beautiful the sun was shining and there was a soft ocean breeze. Rat absolutely hated it. He glanced at the ocean and frowned as he saw Wally and Kaldur swimming around and splashing. They looked over towards him and gave an awkward wave for him to join, but were not surprised when Dick shook his head in reply. He pushed his sunglasses closer to his face, and stared at his feet.

"Mind if I join you?"

Dick looked up to see M'gann standing over him. "If I say no you will just sit down anyway." He grumbled, inching away slightly so the other could sit down, which she did.

"I know that you don't like being around people, but you should enjoy the day at the ocean."

"Can't." Dick replied cooly.

"Why not?"

"Rats don't swim all to great..and this one can't at all. Besides... I've seen Jaws enough times that I never plan on going near saltwater ever." He heard laughing at scowled. "What the hell are you laughing at?"

M'gann looked up giving an apologetic smile. "Nothing, I just never thought that you would ever openly admit to being afraid of something. I thought you were not afraid" M'gann never had seen Jaws, but she knew it involved a shark, so she figured that was what the other was talking about. She watched as the other's face reddened slightly.

"I am not afraid..It's just facts. " He grumbled kicking a bit of sand "If I go into that water, it definitely increases the chance of me dying today, which is a problem because I am allergic to death." He added sarcastically, hugging his knees closer to his body. Watching now how the other's had managed to get the clone to join in the water activities. "Besides, it's not like any of you really want me to be here. Hell, I don't want to be here. It would be better for all of us if I just left."

"I would miss you." M'gann said and Dick looked up and frowned.

"I think you are getting heat stroke, because you just said something crazy."

-----

Rat: Hello, Rat here. Just wanted to let you know that I am NOT going soft. It is just the damn head injury I swear. I will never NEVER join the Kiddy League. Over Batman's dead body. (That's right I am not even sacrificing myself in this endeavor thats how much I do not care.)