Riddles

"Straight to the point I see Bats." Dick droned on with a smirk " why ruin the fun?"

" Because we had a deal." Batman frowned motioning to the hologlove " If you want it, you have to give me your name."

"But Bats.." A wicked smile appeared on his face " You already know my name." He hummed a bit seeming to be in no rush. "I entertain by the mass, a whole family my cast. I come and I go as I please but am not on the run, the only crime I committed was fun. What am I ?" He whistled.

Bruce frowned deeply, " I take it you've had more than one encounter with theRiddler."

"Well, he gives me pretty nice goodies for my work, so yeah I welcome him freely. Though I'm more of a Rubix Cube person myself, riddles are occasionally entertaining."

"Are you going to give me a straight answer?"

"I did. I gave you all the information you could possibly need for my identity. You know my name. You have heard it before, you have seen me before and I do believe that is my cue to take this" he reached out , grabbing the glove. " I think I'm done with the game, you can let me go now."

Bruce scowled going over the riddle in his mind before glancing back at the child. Rat said he knew knew his name. The boy showed no sign that he was lying, so the information, even the hints given by riddle, were important information. A family that goes to spread fun.. "A circus... That is the answer." Bruce frowned a bit, glancing at the mask that his the boy's eyes. The last time he went to a circus was after– his eyes narrowed at the now smirking child.

"I see you that you pieced it together. It's about time. I thought you were the world's greatest detective... With all the hints I gave I am sure a two year old could solve it. I am underwhelmed, heavy on the under."

"Richard Grayson. The boy who fled from the authorities after—"

"After you failed to save them, even though you were right there." Dick interrupted, peeved that the other was going to say it so plainly. " I don't need a reminder of my past. I lived it first hand thank you very much."

Batman hesitated, he never seen the other seem that serious before. He must have hit a nerve. " Now that I know who you are, will you remove the mask, Richard."

"Dick."

"Excuse me?"

"I prefer to be called Dick. You know, the nickname for Richard? That I am positive is common knowledge." Rat remarked " And no on the mask, it's far too bright in here, might as well make me stare at the sun Batsy....So will you let me go now? I have things to do and I miss my home already." He said innocently

Bruce stood up " I am afraid not. You will be staying here under surveillance, perhaps we can compromise."

"So help me Bats if this is some sort of community service gig, you can just shoot me in the head. I have a few weapons at home that would do the job."

" I was going to suggest that you stay here with the Young Justice League, people who are your age."

Dick scoffed " Uh no thanks.. Not a people person.. And definitely not a kid person."

Bruce frowned " But you are a child yourself."

" And? If there was more than one of me, I would probably drive myself insane.. I mean could you imagine two of me? Totally not asterous—" he paused as he felt something wrap around his neck and a clicking sound filled his ears " really Bats? An inhibitor collar?"

"Like I said, you are staying right here ."

----

A/N
Sorry for the short chapter, but hey, at least I updated. Well I will try to make a longer chapter next time. Until then I am going out to party.

And by party I mean sit and watch Netflix

And by party I mean sit and watch Netflix. Like I actually have a social life. Pfft. That will be the day.

~Ringleader_Robin
(Kit)