Dark Alleyways

A/N

A/N

When people ask for updates. I Am Buuuuusssyyyyyyy!!

 I Am Buuuuusssyyyyyyy!!

----------------

"Let's go on another mission they said, It would be fun they said." Rat leaned against the alleyway wall, with a groan of agitation.  An alleyway, seriously how cliche can this possibly get? Bats owed him so much for this. He readjusted his new mask, at least he got that out of all of this...though they owed him a new one in the first place, so it definitely does not count as payment " Let's just stay put in a dangerous city to get murdered and robbed. Stay put..pfft..might as well kill myself to make it even easier."

"Will you shut up and keep watch, you are going to give us away" A voice hissed in his ear.

Dick scowled at the voice, pulling out the communicator in his ear. He was not going to have to listen to that all night was he? He did not take orders from the kiddy league--

"I see you didn't become roadkill, what is the notorious Rat doing hanging out so freely in the open." A nasally voice called out.

"Well a certain cue ball had a temper tantrum and I had relocate to a different location for a while." Dick put the communicator between his finger and thumb and crushed it. Those hero brats were not going to like he did that, but this is his line of work, there was no need to get them involved in something so..easy... as penguin. "I was told that you might be wanting to make a trade, is that true?"

The figure flinched slightly at the indifferent and cold tone Rat had used. "It is true. I need some information on Wayne Enterprises, more importantly its owner and technology."

Rat whistled slightly at that. Perhaps birdbrain here was smarter than he originally thought. "I see I see." Dick hummed cheerily, though the tune echoed off the walls giving it an eerie tone. "And what exactly would you give me for such information, surely you know the owner of Wayne enterprises is quite the wealthy person, perhaps I could go to him and get some sort of payment for letting him know that a certain bird was poking his obnoxious nose into something he shouldn't be."  Dick cackled and stretched slightly, the little sense of freedom on this mission was probably going to be short lived, he might as well enjoy it while he can. "We have worked together before little birdie, you should know that I got the name Rat for a reason."

"Of course." Penguin spat, eyes narrowing. "I knew that you would want something in return, so I came fully prepared." Penguin held out a small cloth bag and tossed it to Rat.

"Hm? Paying me up front? This is new.." Dick grinned slightly. Villains never payed up front, they always cheated..which made the game more fun...this was rather anticlimactic for Penguin. "He opened the bag and removed a single quarter sized diamond. Dick crinkled his nose. "Shiny objects are more of the Cat's thing... I could care less and we both know that." He played around with the diamond absently in his hand, watching it refract in the dim light. "So what exactly are you getting at bird? I do not like my precious time to be wasted."

"I figured you would not like it, that is why That is not the payment, rather an insurance of sorts." Penguin replied. "Wayne enterprises is said to have many under the radar weapons being created--"

"And you want to get your grubby little claws on them." Dick finished for the other. Yeah those weapons were for Bruce's...nighttime activities. However it does not look like Penguin knows what he would be walking into..or rather whom.

"And if you get me the weapons, I will give you a fourth of them."

"Hmmm..I don't work for less than half of the profit." Dick grinned. Not that he or the penguin would be seeing any of it with the bat having his kiddy league babysitting him, but playing along with it was too much fun, and hey, he did get a diamond out of it. Even though he was pretty sure it was stolen in the first place at the bat would make him return it...stupid heroes and their stupid morals.

"What? No! I am the one making the deals here!" Penguin scowled, not liking being cornered like this. If he refused, Rat would most likely take the information to Wayne, or worse use the information and take it all for himself anyway. Rat was definitely not a trusting figure to say in the least, his decisions were unpredictable and more often than not, could bring even the strongest people to their knees whether it be by actually taking someone down..or information being 'leaked' about plans and locations. Rat was not one you wanted to be enemies with. "Fine..half.." He grumbled, knowing this was not a battle he could win.

"Good good..." Dick chirped. "I always love it when negotiations run smoothly. I never liked dancing around percent and I don't dance." Dick sighed a bit. "However, unfortunately for both of us, my so called team will not allow me to continue this business venture for much longer."

"What team?" Penguin asked, genuinely confused. Rat was a solo worker, he hated working with others.

"Wildcats." Dick grinned slightly as the kiddy league jumped from their hiding positions, and in a matter of seconds having Penguin on the floor unconscious. "Well that was easy." Dick muttered, slightly irritated that he did not get to have any real action on this so called mission. " Penguin did NOT have his head in the game...so not traught."  He sighed and then looked up at M'gaan who was smiling. "What the hell are you looking at?" He scowled.

"You called us your team." She beamed, obviously happy over the whole thing.

"Well you are not. I work alone." Dick muttered. "Lone soilder over here, Clint Eastwood level nine-thousand." He shrugged  and pocketed the diamond in his hand. "Can I go now, I do not need people thinking that we actually get along..not that we do-- but reputation is still important. I do not choose sides."

"Well in this case, you chose ours my friend." Kaldur placed a hand on Rat's shoulder, giving a small nod.

"Don't get used to it."