Rat Was Supposed To Name This Chapter but 'Forgot'

A/N

Hahaha..I know it has been awhile but

I tried to write updates sooner

I tried to write updates sooner..but..that did not work out so well.

anyways..here you go.

~Ringleader_Robin

(Kit)

-----

"Look kid, this is flattering and all..." Rat sat down in a pile of his junk, kicking a few parts out of his way. "But you should ask before taking someone's name. Especially one with a reputation that could end you some day. Of course, I don't particularly care if you meet your demise."

"Where have you been? I thought you were dead" Jason replied, staring at the figure before him, shock evident in his tone. "You have been MIA for weeks, the streets have been very quiet since your disappearance."

"Me dead? Ha! Like anyone could actually kill me. No, I simply was taking an extended vacation..that is until I saw a certain security camera video of someone who looked just like me making dealings with Riddler. Imagine my surprise when I saw it."

"You are mad then..." The boy's shoulders slumped forward and all of a sudden thought his hands were the most interesting thing in the world.

"I don't get mad over idiotic things. I am more fascinated than anything. Why of all people, would you want to be like me? I'm not really considered citizen of the year-- Wait...ohh this is just too good!" Rat laughed, causing the other to flinch. " Sorry, I just realized you look up to me. Ha! That is a new one. I just never saw myself as a role model..the poor world! " Dick paused a second, looking over Jason's outfit. "We only met once..yet you have the outfit down almost exactly, and you were able to fool not only the Riddler, but Bats as well."

Jason flinched "Bats? As in Batman? The guy we stole the tires from?" he paled.

"Oh calm down. Those were easily replaced and he never saw us. He still does not know I took part in that and he has never seen your face. What did you even do with them anyways? Sell them?--nevermind it is not my problem." Rat sighed again rubbing his temples" I swear, if you get worked up just by a name, you can never become Rat." Rat rolled his eyes. "Listen Kid, you are not made for this, I suggest you leave now before--"

"No!" Jason blurted out, taking Rat by surprise. "You helped me that night when I had no money, no way to pay you ... You said that next time we met, that I could pay you back. I thought you were dead." His hands clenched into fists. "So I thought I would never be able to return the favor...That's when I decided that I would pay by keeping your reputation alive!"

Rat paused slightly. "Dude, they were just tires..it is not like I saved your life." He groaned a bit and stood up, this kid made him sound like some kind of hero. That alone was like some stupid punchline of a bad joke. Plus, the kid actually seemed relieved that he was alive..people actually do that? "Geez, This got way too sentimental for my liking." Rat crossed his arms, shaking his head. "What am I going to do, there can't be two Rats..the world could not handle it." He hummed slightly in thought. "You really thought that I was dead?"

"A Lot of people thought so, Riddler did until I showed up.." Jason mumbled.

"Don't mumble, It is frustrating." Dick pinched the bridge of his nose. "It is too late to back out of it now..Bats will probably be on you since I said it was not me. Ha, Jason you screwed up big time. Though it would be hilarious taking you back..mini league would have a heart attack!" Rat laughed bitterly. "You know what? I think this is a wonderful payment, best one I have had in ages." Rat watched as Jason's smile widened at that. "I guess I could show you a few ins and outs."

"Really!?" Jason beamed

"Okay, Rule one..never sound like a teenage girl seeing a boy band ever again." Rat scowled a bit. "Rule two: Never let the cameras see you again. I mean It. There are a few clients that I would rather like to keep them thinking I am dead. A psycho clown and a mercenary included. It would be disastrous...heavy on the dis. I can handle them, but you absolutely can't. Can you even fight? Jeez..this is going to be harder than I thought."

"I can fight! I do it all the time on the streets!" Jason retorted.

"Oh So where is Ken and Bison?" Rat grinned.

"What?" Jason frowned looking puzzled.

"Oh come on! That one was easy! Street Fighter!" Rat sighed and shook his head. "Man kid, you are making me feel old here." Rat grinned "Whatever doesn't matter. Annnyywwayyysss... Let's see.." Rat went to a pile rummaging through the piles of junk, tossing things as he went through it. "Here we are." He held up two com links, holding out one to the other. "We gotta stay in touch, don't want my new mini me to get caught into a trap. Don't want you to go into something blind, besides, it will be easy to give you tips while I am away."

"Away? Where have you been exactly?" Jason rose an eyebrow. "You said vacation."

"More like forced witness protection. However, I hate to admit that it is not that bad. It is fun to mess with them honestly." Rat grinned, but stopped. "Ever tell any of them that and I will look past my no kill rule. I will go Genocide Run on this entire city." Rat huffed a bit but then sighed and shook his head. "I would say 'Stay out of trouble'... but we both know that is exactly what we don't do. So instead, how about I just say don't get caught and keep up appearances." Rat gave the thumbs up. "If you need me, just give me a ring. Call me beep if you want to reach me." Rat winks "Though if you interrupt during a marathon..I WILL kick your ass. Have a nice night Todd."