Static

A/N

sorry for slow updates, really looking for some inspiration on some of my stories.

Tell you what..If you give me your soul, I will do more updates.

I feel like that is reasonable inspiration and payment

I feel like that is reasonable inspiration and payment... totally...-holds hand out-

Or a pot. 

just kidding

just kidding..only souls allowed 

---------

"Common Bats! I earned it!" Rat complained, scowling at Batman who had his hand held out.

"That does not belong to you, the museum would like it's diamond back on its display."

"Finders keepers Bats. Besides, It was payment..it would be stealing if you took it."

"You said so yourself, you are not fond of 'shiny things'."

"Well, it is a matter of pride at this point." Dick huffed. "I do not just give things back, that is dumb. The only thing I give for free is attitude. Besides, you owe me even more now. Penguin is gonna blab to others that I am hanging out with a bunch of people pleasers, my reputation is going to shit because of you. I need to keep what little I have left." Rat's scowl deepened more. This really was going to be a problem when he actually left this place. Penguin is probably running his mouth as they speak. "Whatever the payment was before, consider it double." His eyes narrowed coldly.

Bruce sighed a bit, reasoning with the child was going no where. He did complete the mission, and considering he was cooperative..for the most part... he would be labeled as their ally in the villains' eyes. "Then why not stay here for good if you're already being seen as on our side?"

"You're joking right?" Dick scoffed "What makes you THINK I would ever want to be a part of your little good guy club? Look at me Bats." Rat grinned slightly. "I steal, I corrupt, I take what I want justice or not." He leaned forward a smirk increasing. "The closest thing I did involving justice was making sure Tony Zucco got what he deserved."

Batman stiffened. Tony Zucco, the name of the man that caused this child to become what he is now. "What did you do to him?" Come to think of it, Zucco disappeared years ago.

"Oh relax, I didn't kill him. Rule one: Do not cry over spilt blood." Dick waved his hand absently. "I simply gave him an offer he could not refuse. I made his life a living hell while he was still residing in Gotham. Made all of his allies turn on him, conveniently the police and his enemies found his every hideout, you get the idea. Anyways, I told him to leave, and if I ever found him again..the torture might become physical. I simply tied up all loose ends of who I was, It was not out of pity or justice I assure you."

Batman narrowed his eyes again, examining the child. "You did not take revenge.."

"I consider making him leave the country revenge..just sayin'. Besides, death is something that only cowards and idiots use to solve problems." Rat grinned darkly. "There are a lot more...creative ways...to get what you want."

Bruce sighed heavily, shaking his head. "If you give me back the diamond, I will find some things around my lab that I can give you to 'play around' with." Bribing Rat seemed to be the only way to get through to the other.

"Hmmmm...." Rat sighed and handed the diamond over. "It better be some pretty cool stuff."

-------

Rat walked into the living quarters of mount justice, pausing at the doorway when he saw a certain clone starin at the television with nothing but static. That seems awfully boring to stare at, so this confused Rat. He shrugged a bit, deciding to sit next to the other. "You know..there are actual TV channels y'know..can't be all that fun staring at the screen..." He paused, noting the other was flat out ignoring him. "Well..rude.." He sighed and leaned back on the couch. "I know we don't get along all that great...scratch that...we don't get along at all..."

"Are you going somewhere with this?" Superboy deadpanned.

"Not really." Dick laughed a little. "It did sound like we were going to have a heart to heart just a moment ago right? Like some cheesy sitcom." He grinned. "Nah, I won't torture us like that. I was just curious is all. They say curiosity killed the cat..it said nothing about rats."

"Doesn't it annoy you? Being compared and named after a pest?"

"Doesn't it annoy you that you were not given an original hero name?" Dick retorted back, not liking how the subject changed to him. " 'SuperBoy'. Hah, another reason why I will never join your side..hero names are weak... The next thing I know I will be called something stupid like 'Boy Wonder'..talk about idiotic." Dick carried on, seeming to continue his rant and slightly forgetting that the other was there. "I mean, hell, do I look like a hero? I sure don't thinks so. Batman is just stupid if he thinks that by keeping me trapped in here his good hero vibes will wear off on me. Completely ridiculous." He grumbled, folding his arms now becoming lost in thought. What possibly did any of them see in him? He was just some kid they plucked from the sewers afterall. A kid who has done far more wrong in his life than 'good'. His work often resulted the death of others..not by his hand, but in result..it is basically the same thing. But did he care, did he stop? Not once. He did not care about others, why should he? It has always been him against the world that sees him him as nothing more than a pest, and that is why he stayed alive. His life was basically giving the universe the middle finger, just the way he liked it. "This is boring... You're boring." He stood up again, mumbling before leaving to go back to his room. He opened the door but froze. Sensing someone else was in there with him. "If you wanted to chat, you should just text me." Rat rolled his eyes, closing the door and revealing the cause of all of his troubles; Batman. "Seriously, what you are doing is called stalking."

"Richard. We need to talk."

"Ooooo using my name? This must be really serious." Dick smirked slightly before sitting on the bed. "Well Bruce? Spill. What do you want this time? Another mission? Information?" He yawned slightly staring back at the other. "Wow, you look more serious than usual...if that is possible. What?"

"I have a offer you cannot refuse."

Dick paused slightly, his smirk faltering. An offer? What was the other talking about? Usually he would have to have something batman needed and then annoy him enough to stoop down to the level of bribing. This was like the time he first came to mount Justice..though why does it feel more threatening than usual?"Well color me interested." Dick grinned, trying to hide a uneasy feeling in his gut. "What is this oh so glorious offer?"