Chapter 6: Bringing the Fun

(Author's Note: watch the music video and song above because it's relevant to the end of this chapter. That's what Charlotte's outfit is. I figured I should show off Charlotte's talent. It may appear later in the story. In a fanfic, anything can happen.)

Three weeks later, Charlotte's POV
I slept well that night with the potion Snape had given me.
However that didn't mean we didn't argue. We argued. A lot. We had two conflicting personalities, like fire and ice. He was hot-tempered, and I was frigid and stubborn.
What can I say? He brought it out of me.
It's been almost a month since I came to this school, and the initial excitement had worn off. I was bored out of my skull.
Sure, the two other schools participating in the Tri Wizard Tournament were set to arrive this weekend, but that seemed so far away. Not to mention, I don't really approve of competition. It brings out the worst in people. There's no way I would be participating.

I was currently laying on the couch of the Gryffindor Common Room, my legs dangling over the arm, staring up at the ceiling. I closed my eyes for a split second, and seconds later, I felt myself being lifted up.
My eyes snapped open, and I shrieked in playful surprise, as I found myself in the arms of the Weasley twins.
"Guys, put me down!" I laughed, trying to swat the arm of the closest twin.
After a second, they obeyed, and I put my hands on my hips, raising an eyebrow.
"Why do that?" I asked, smile tugging at the corners of my lips.
"We were bored." They said in unison, shrugging.
I sighed, smiling. "Join the club."
As if a light clicked on in my head, my lips grew into a devious smirk.
Fred and George looked at me, smiling as well.
"We know that look, Char. You've got an idea."
I nodded. "Things seem a bit dreary right now, let's liven it up a little. Let's bring the fun, guys."
They smirked mock evilly. "What did you have in mind?"
******
The twins and I had sat down after that, brainstorming ways we could bring some fun to the teachers and students. But, first things first, I wanted them to help me prank Snape.
They were all for it.
That brings me to our current situation: Fred, George, and I were standing against the wall, hidden, waiting for Snape to exit his office. To our luck, seconds later, we saw him leave.
I smirked, and motioned for them to come on. We quietly and expertly entered his office. The twins stood watch, while I walked around his desk, and crouched down in front of his empty desk chair. I pulled out the bottle of glue, and started to spread it on the seat.
"CHAR!" I heard an anxious whisper.
I looked up and George had just ran out of sight before I saw Professor Snape step into view.
"Stay away from here!" He yelled at who I could only guess were the twins.
I panicked, throwing the bottle of glue in my bag, and pulled myself in, crouched down underneath Snape's desk. I covered my mouth with my hand, trying not to breathe.
I could hear Professor Snape's footsteps rounding the desk, as he moved things around. To my delight, he sat right down in his chair, not even noticing what I had done to it.
I smirked silently to myself.
But then I realized my dilemma. I was trapped underneath his desk.
Me being clumsy, I tried to switch positions so I was more comfortable, but instead I hit my head on the bottom of his desk, a loud thump resonating off the walls.
My eyes widened, as Snape's chair thrust back, scraping against the floor.
I took my opportunity, and scurried out from underneath, making a run for it. I didn't get far before I felt Snape's hand on my wrist, yanking me back to face him.
His eyes were narrowed.
"What the hell were you doing under my desk?"
I bit my lip, chuckling nervously.
"Playing hide and seek. Looks like you found me." I tried, and I could tell by his expression that he saw right through me.
I slapped his hand, and he released my wrist.
"Get out of my office!" He growled.
He didn't have to tell me twice.
I scurried to the door, and opened it, just as I heard him try to stand up from his chair.
I didn't turn back even when I heard him scream my name in anger.
******
I was hiding in the common room. This was the one place Snape couldn't get to me. I knew he would probably try to kill me, so I would rather stay in here where I was safe.
However, I couldn't stay long. Dinner was in a few minutes, and Fred and George were waiting for me, so we could enact our master plan of fun.
I took a breath, and exited the common room, searching for Snape.
He was nowhere in the corridor. I smiled at Fred and George as we linked arms, and waited in the shadows for every student to enter the Great Hall.
After a minute or two, we nodded at each other, and I waved my wand, and a Muggle boom box appeared. I waved it once more, and I was in a top hat with a mesh headpiece covering my face, short black skirt, shirt, long trench coat, knee high boots, and the final touch: a microphone that I could wear over my ear. My makeup was dark. Fred and George were in black suit jackets.
I looked up at them. "Ready?"
They nodded excitedly, and I took a breath.
We stood in front of the expanse of the Great Hall, at the open doors, and Fred pressed play, and the intro music to 'Man, I Feel Like A Woman!' started to play, and I started to sing:
I'm goin' out tonight, I'm feelin alright, gonna let it all hang out. Wanna make some noise, really raise my voice, yeah I wanna, scream and shout.
I strode down the aisle, preparing to sing the next verse. I knew all eyes were trained on me.
Ah!
No inhibitions, make no conditions, get a little outta line, ain't gonna act politically correct, I only wanna have a good time.
With this, I jumped up onto the Gryffindor table, and the girls from every house and some guys started cheering.

The best thing about a bein' a woman, is the perogative to have a little fun and, woah oh, go totally crazy, forget I'm a lady, men shirt, short skirt, oh woah, really go wild and doin' it in style. Woah oh, get in the action, feel the attraction, color my hair, do what I dare, oh woah oh oh, I wanna be free and feel the way I feel, Man, I feel like a woman!"
At this point as the bridge music played, every student in the hall were up on their feet cheering for me, most were singing along to the song and dancing to the music. As the music continued to play, I glanced at the staff table, and all the professors seemed like they were enjoying themselves. I completely ignored Snape.

Oh yeah! The best thing about a bein' a woman, is the perogative to have a little fun...
I motioned to the whole student body. "Fun, fun!!!" They all screamed in tune.
The whole Great Hall erupted into dance as they sang along with me to the last chorus.
Fred and George balanced me on their shoulders as I sang the last line, and posed in finish.
Applause rang out through the hall, as I got down, and bowed to them. I turned around and bowed to the professors as well.
After all the noise settled down, Professor Dumbledore stood up, a smile on his face.
"Thanks you three, for that wonderful dinner time entertainment. I think we all thoroughly enjoyed it! Now, dig in!"
I sat down next to Valerie and the twins, us still sky high from bringing a little bit of fun.
As I ate, I could feel a gaze on me. Feeling bold, I turned my head, and met Snape's eye, because I knew he was the one staring.
Just to piss him off I did the only thing I could think of.
I winked at him.
******