Chapter 7: Three's A Crowd

The next morning
I was excited, but also not very.
The two other schools were set to arrive today.
Three schools in one castle?
One word: crowded.
I walked down the steps and into the common room. There was no one in there.
I walked out into the corridor, and I started hearing commotion from outside.
I looked out and saw Hogwarts students crowding around, trying to catch a look at the schools arriving.
I rose an eyebrow.
I wasn't very impressed.
"Char!"
I turned around to find Valerie scampering toward me excitedly.
"Come on! We have to grab a good seat in the Great Hall!"
I chuckled. "Must we?"
Valerie playfully glared at me. "Yes, we must. Now come on!"
I let her drag me into the hall, and we were of the first of the students to arrive. I groaned internally.
All the professors were already at the staff table.
Severus' POV
I glared as I saw Miss Day and her annoying friend enter the hall.
Stupid, talented, beautiful, arrogant little brat.
Wait, what was I thinking?!!
Snap out of it.
Charlotte's POV
I could feel Snape glaring at me, which was nothing new.
I felt an odd feeling in my stomach...almost like butterflies?
No! There's no way in hell!
I tried my best to ignore his stare, and started talking to Valerie and the rest of the students filed into the Great Hall.

2 hours later
I looked around the hall, scowling in my mind at the Beauxbatons girls and the boys from Durmstrang.
Too many people here.
Students were starting to finish up eating, and starting to exit.
I was about to stand up and walk away with Val when I heard that familiar deep drawl.
"Where do you think you're going?"
I turned around, raising an eyebrow at Professor Snape.
"Why does it matter?" I quipped back.
He glared in response. "The headmaster wishes to see you. It's important."
I furrowed my eyebrows, but before I could reply, he was bounding down the aisle, little first years jumping apart in fear as he walked between them.
I guess he expected me to follow him.
I groaned a little, and waved to Valerie.
I started to literally run after him.
"Could you maybe slow down?!" I yelled.
He didn't, and only stopped when we reached the gargoyle of Dumbledore's office.
I leaned over a bit, panting and glaring at him at the same time. He smirked in satisfaction, and muttered the password.
I followed him up, and he stopped in front of the office door.
I rose an eyebrow.
"Go on. He wishes to talk to you alone."
I let out a short laugh, and walked inside.
*****
I bit my lip in excitement as I walked down the corridor after the meeting.
Dumbledore had asked me to do something, and I said I would. But, I had to keep it a secret.
At least I had something to look forward to: the Yule Ball.
I walked towards the Gryffindor common room but before I could enter I was stopped by a student.
"Professor Snape expects you in his office in two minutes."
I rose an eyebrow, but went anyway.
In precisely two minutes I had reached the door of his office, and walked in without knocking, just to spite him.
He didn't seem the least bit surprised.
I stared at him for a moment before speaking.
"What do you want?"
He rose an eyebrow. "Did you really think you would get away with gluing me to my chair?"
I pretended to think by tapping my finger on my chin. "Yep."
He narrowed his eyes, out of anger. I smirked triumphantly.
Suddenly, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my mind, like a pushing feeling. I instantly put up my walls, something I had taught myself.
Snape looked bewildered, and moments later, the feeling disappeared.
I laughed, an angry sound.
"Guess you weren't very successful, were you? How dare you try to invade my mind!!"
Snape didn't say anything.
"My past is none of your business! If you're so interested in who I am, there's this thing called politely asking. Oh wait, you don't know the meaning of polite! I'm glad though, now I have more reason to HATE you!!"
I took a breath, ignoring the strange stinging in my chest.
I was getting revved up, even more angry, so much, I could feel hot tears stinging behind my eyes.
"YOU WANT TO KNOW SO BAD? MY PARENTS WERE KILLED BY DEATHEATERS AND I--"
I stopped abruptly.
I just almost blew my secret.
"You what?" Snape asked softly, a completely foreign expression on his face. Almost...concern? But that couldn't be possible. He hates me.
"Nothing, I gotta go.." I growled.
I heard him call my name, but I ignored him.
'Stupid, invasive bastard!'
I had never seen Snape practically speechless, but I liked it.
I couldn't believe I had told him even the slightest bit about myself.
The thing was, I didn't mind that I had.
********