Chapter 18: Two of A Kind

Charlotte's POV
I woke up the next morning in the arms of Severus Snape.
Honestly, who would complain about that?
I smiled to myself, as I nuzzled more into his chest. His scent was intoxicating.
"Well good morning to you." I heard him whisper into my ear, velvet seduction making me shiver.
I chuckled, feeling breathless. "Good morning."
I didn't want to leave his bed. Everything felt so right, after everything being so wrong.
I looked up at him, and he looked down at me, a beautiful smirk on his face that made my heart thump against my chest.
He didn't speak for a moment, before he leaned over, and opened the bedside drawer, pulling something out.
He held it out to me, and my eyes widened.
A ring.
I held up my hands. "Severus--"
He stopped me mid-sentence, by placing a finger on my lips. I smiled against his finger, playfully glaring at him.
"This is not what you believe it to be. It may be a bit soon, but since we are in a proper relationship, I find it only proper to bestow you a promise ring of sorts." He explained.
I licked his finger, and he pulled it away quickly, a look of slight amusement on his face. I laughed before speaking.
"That's very sweet of you, Severus. I would be honored to wear it." I replied, holding out my hand so he could slide it on my ring finger.
He did so, gripping my hand lightly.
"It was my mother's, who had gotten it from my grandmother. It's meant to be worn by the woman that enters my life."
I smiled, tears glistening in my eyes. I couldn't believe he cared about me enough to give me this family heirloom.
I kissed him then, wrapping my arms around his neck gently. After a minute or two, I pulled away, smiling.
"So what's for breakfast?" I whispered against his lips.
He gave me a dark, attractive smirk, and I knew that he wasn't thinking about food.
******
Later that day, Snape's POV

I was sitting in my classroom, grading horrendous potions essays. I scoffed at the one I was currently reading, marking a failing grade on it.
I almost didn't hear the door open, until she was standing in front of my desk.
I looked up at Charlotte, who was smirking down at me. I couldn't tear my eyes away; she was so beautiful.
"Hello, you." I chuckled, placing my pen down.
She smiled. "Hey."
Charlotte's POV
I stretched my legs, as I walked out of the common room, and down to the dungeons. After Severus and I had parted this morning, he had told me to come by later in the day, to just have dinner and such.
I didn't mind what we did, as long as I was with him.
I twisted my promise ring around my finger absentmindedly, and I couldn't even keep the smile off my lips.
I reached the dungeons, and stood outside his classroom door.
Snape's POV
I was entranced, as I always was when Charlotte was around. She walked around my desk, and slid onto my lap, wrapping her hands around my neck lightly.
"Feeling frisky, are we?" I teased.
She leaned in, eyes piercing blue, and-
Charlotte's POV
I walked into his classroom, not even bothering to knock, and I froze in my tracks.
"Hey! What the hell is going on here?!" I exclaimed, and the girl sitting on Sev's lap snapped around to look at me.
I let out a strangled gasp, hand covering my mouth.
The girl looked exactly like me.
I looked at Severus frantically, and he looked lost for words.
"Charlotte?" He bit out. I watched him glance down at my hand, where my promise ring was securely on my finger. His jaw dropped in realization, and I had never seen him look so flustered.
My eyes snapped back to look at this imposter, and I started towards her, just as she hopped off of Sev's lap, and fell back against the wall.
She started gurgling and choking, and her features started to twist and turn back to their original, and it was clear to me that it was an effect of a potion, and I knew exactly which one: Polyjuice Potion.
I pointed my wand at the person, as I felt Sev's presence come up behind me.
It took a minute, but when the potion had thoroughly worn off, I felt like I couldn't breathe, and let out a gasp.
"Valerie?!"
*********