Chapter 8

Melle's POV

I arrive at the bakery ten minutes early which isn't really surprising considering the fact I dove ninety miles an hour to get here afraid I'd be late and she'd think I stood her up.

I park my car and tried to relax wondering if I made the right decision, how would my pack feel when they find out their Luna is a human? I've heard of human Lunas before but I never respected them or their mates, after all who wouldn't reject a human? Of course that was then and this is now. I know why they didn't or should I say, why they couldn't. Because I can't either.

For some reason my mind keeps going back to her boss why is he such a jerk and why is he so bent on keeping us apart?

I'm starting to get hungry just sitting here, so I get up and cross the street leaning against the wall of the bakery to wait. Promptly at six-thirty, Meoquamee drives up. When she steps out I can't help but check her out she looks gorgeous!

"You look.... wow, just wow"

She blushes slightly.

"Thanks you don't look half bad yourself."

"Shall we go?"

"Where are we going exactly?"

"It's a surprise."

She frown "I don't like surprises."

"You'll like this one."

I can see worry and maybe fear in her eyes but she follows me anyway, when we get to my car her mouth drops open.

"Th-this is your car?!"

"Yep, she's all mine."

"Wow, she's so shiny I bet you take really good care of her!"

I shrug "I try."

"Well you've been successful so far!"

I smile when we get in and she immediately reaches for the radio her hand stops before it reaches it though and falls back into her lap I can see her cheeks are now slightly pink.

"Umm would you mind if we listen to the radio?"

"No just find what you like."

She smiles and again reaches out turning on the radio. After flipping stations for a while she finally settles on a station as the new song begins I recognize it as one of my favorites, I tap my fingers in time to the beat as Meoquamee quietly hums along after a few notes she begins to sing along and if I do say so myself she sounds even better than the recording artist.

"Remember those walls I built

Well, baby they're tumbling down

And they didn't even put up a fight

They didn't even make up a sound"

Funny I never really thought about it but this song is like our relationship.

"It's like I've been awakened

Every rule I had you breakin'

It's the risk that I'm takin'

I ain't never gonna shut you out"

I pull up to the restaurant just as the next song is coming on. The restaurant is a bit fancy but not snobbish which is why I enjoy coming here.

I get out and hurry around to open her door (old fashioned I know but hey, my grandma taught me right.) She looks startled but smiles as a small blush creeps up her cheeks.

I take her hand feeling the sparks shouting up my arm I can't help but smile with pride at my beautiful mate as we walk up to the entrance.

"Hello, welcome to Stacey's"

"Table for two please."

The woman looks up as she rounds the counter, stopping abruptly.

"Oh. My. God. Amee?! Is that you it's been so long, how are you doing, are you still together? Oh, gosh, of course you aren't he'd never let you go out with someone else I should have known, how's Ki? Your still protecting her I hope because if your not-"

"Yes it's me, no we're not, yes you should have, fine, I am, I know and please nothegot inthagen frothagunt othegof mytheguy dathagate, allthagoul ethagexplaythegan ethevrethegethethaging lathagater" (A/N Not in front of my date I'll explain everything later.)

Wow my mate's got beauty and brains who knew she knew another language! But why doesn't she want me to know what she's saying

"Sorry" the woman looks slightly sheepish "Right this way. We have some serious catching up to do later!"

With a small wink in Meoquamee's direction she lead us to a both in the far back corner, hands us our menus and leaves without another word.

"So whose your friend?"

Amee glares at her menu gripping it until her knuckles turn white, I'm guessing I should have kept my mouth shut but it's to late now.