Chapter 13

"You will have your own bedroom and bathroom, and more importantly you will be safe from Bram."

Melle continues to speak but I tune him out as my thoughts start spiralling out of control.

Could I do that I mean I can't say I'd mind, being so close to Melle would be wonderful, but what about Kilala? On one hand I could find her mate a lot easier but how would she survive on her own?

Could I trust him enough to share a house with him? And what about his pack members how would they feel about sharing their home with a human?

What would happen if Melle got tired of having me around? Would I be the pack slave, their punching bag? Would I be kicked to the curb or worse what if Bram is right about me being his mate would they make me go back to him?!

I can feel myself starting to panic. I couldn't get enough air into my burning lungs and my heart rate skyrockets.

Jumping up from my seat and rush out leaving Melle starring after me in shock.
I don't stop running until I've reached my car, as I start it up Melle runs out after me frantically calling for me to wait but I pay no mind. Pulling away from the curb, I drive off like a mad woman.

Pulling up to the house I rest my hand on the horn until Ki hurries out carrying our bags. Without asking any questions she jumps in and we speed off.

After about ten minutes or so of driving, Ki finally breaks the silence.

"Alright, what happen?"

"Nothing, why would you think something happened, because nothing happened."

She rolls her eyes "surrre. Because everyone just gets random erges to see how long they can drive over a hundred miles an hour without crashing."

"I'm not driving that fast."

"When was the last time you looked at your speedometer?"

"Ummm as I pulled away from the bakery."

"I rest my case."

Easing off the gas I sigh knowing Ki's going to force the truth out of me sooner or later.

"Melle ask me to move into his pack house and I freaked out."

"HE WHAT?!"

"He told me he was a werewolf and then I told him I already knew but don't worry I didn't tell him about you. All was going well then he just goes and blurts out he wants me to move in and I freaked and ran away, real mature I know." I sigh keeping my gaze on the road ahead.

Kilala doesn't say anything for a while. "You really like him don't you, it wasn't just about helping me and my mate get together was it?"

"I really tried not to Ki honest I did but, he... he makes me feel something I've never felt before. Do you know how hard that is knowing you're falling for a guy who has a mate out there waiting for him, knowing if Bram is right about being us being mates, my mate will never treat me as good as he has, knowing that no matter how hard you try you can't escape fate?!"

"Amee I sorry, I really am if I could change things I would."

"I know." My voice comes out barely above a whisper but thanks to her werecat hearing abilities I knew she heard me.

"You know I hope you aren't his mate, Bram's I mean."

I can't help the sad smile that spreads across my face. "Me too. Even if Bram not being my mate means I don't have one it was a heck of a lot better than being his."

A few moments pass in silence before Ki sighs. "Go back."

"What?"

"I said go back."

"But-"

"No buts. Look I get that you're scared and all but look at it this way, living in the pack house means you get to sneak me into my mate."

"But what if-"

"I know it'll be hard but this can actually help with bringing my mate and I, together. I can live just outside the border lines so you can talk with me whenever you want, plus if I cover my scent I'll be safe from being discovered. And you can bring my mate to meet me okay?"

I nod slowly, her plan could work and it would benefit both of us. Maybe it was worth a shot.

Melle's POV

I can't believe it my mate ran from me what did I say wrong was I moving to fast for her? A simple no would have sufficed.

Running my fingers through my hair I tried calming myself but that is not an easy task for an Alpha especially if he's not with his mate.

Stupid humans and their stupid little brains with their stupid ideas. If my mate wasn't a stupid human I wouldn't have to deal with any of this. We'd already be marked and mated by now, but noooo, I had to get a stupid, stupid, stupid human!

My wolf growled at me for insulting our mate but I could care less. Because I was right wasn't I? Why else would she run if it wasn't because of her human stupidity?

"Jee I don't know I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact her only experience with werewolves was with the rogues. Who treated her like a scratching post."

"We're her mate she should know we wouldn't hurt her."

"But she doesn't know we're her mate does she? Because someone hasn't told her yet dumdum. And besides she's probably scared of how the rest of the pack would treat her."

Sighing I know he's right. "Alright I admit I could've handled it better but I got caught up in moment, okay? It could have happened to anyone."

Being his typical wolf self he just hmphed and blocked me out. Just then my phone chimed looking down I notice it's from Meoquamee.

Meoquamee: Sorry about earlier can we talk?

Melle: Np babe r u ok?

Meoquamee: yes, meet you at the bakery.

Melle: C U soon.

Was I still mad? You better believe it. Was I going to meet her? Of course. Was I going to give her an ear full? Heck yeah!
Maybe when she moves in and starts to get used to being around werewolves some of our... how should I put this... superiority will rub off on her and she won't be quite so human. Until then I guess, I'll just have to bare with it.