Chapter 25

Picture of Alpha Darek

Melle's POV

Truett's probably up by now, maybe I should link him to come to my office. No maybe I should go to his, yeah, that would be best I'll go to his, there would probably be less of a chance of anyone 'just happening' to over hear our conversation there.

My pace isn't hurried as I make my way to Truett's office, I notice Amee's scent is still coming strongly from the kitchen and for a brief moment I wonder if she stayed there all night. I quickly push these thoughts aside, why should I care she's just another pack member, just another human. My wolf growls but I ignore him.

I knock three times when there's no answer I try to link him however his walls are up. Giving up I walk into his office to wait for him, I'm just to tired to track him down this morning.

After a few minutes he comes in looking worried, when he sees me he sighs.

"Alright, what did you do now?"

"Hey watch it, I'm still your Alpha you know. And why would you assume it was my fault?"

He raises an eyebrow "Well?"

"Okay, okay fine I didn't help the situation but she started it!"

"What are we now, three?"

"Now you sound like my wolf."

"Maybe you should listen to him a little more and you wouldn't always dig yourself into pit after pit."

"I resent that!"

"You may resent it but it's the truth."

"Whatever, are you going to listen or what?"

"By all means, continue."

And so I do I tell him everything, when I finish he sits there before sighing and shaking his head.

"Melle, as one friend to another, I tell you: your words hold more power then you realize use them carefully. As Beta to Alpha, I tell you: you should do what you feel would benefit the pack, but be sure you can live with whatever decisions you make."

I get the feeling he knows something I don't, but I just nod since he's right as usual. Words are powerful, extremely powerful. And I do throw them out carelessly (if last night was any indication).

And as Alpha it's my duty to protect and preserve my pack at all cost even if it means personal loss, but if I can't handle losing the things I chose to sacrifice the pack will suffer as a result.

Am I willing to sacrifice my mate for my pack, could I handle it if she never became Luna? Would I be able to control my wolf and mate with another if she stayed in the pack? Could I bare to throw her out and try to forget about her, knowing Bram was probably still after her, and she was without protection?

I don't have any answers, and yet so many questions. I will have to test myself to see how strong I can be, the Luna's arrival is the perfect time to do it after all I need to see if the mate bond is working on her as well as me. And what better way, then to make her jealous.

With a plan beginning to form I head down to breakfast. Ignoring everyone and everything to focus, but this however didn't last long before a link came announcing the arrival of the visiting Luna.

Sighing in frustration I make my way to the front of the house with most of my pack members, Meoquamee stayed behind to clean up. Good, she's learning her place. Again my wolf growls.

"Her place is by our side as Luna!"

"No it isn't. When will you get that through your thick skull?"

He puts his walls up but not before another angry growl was heard. Amee's scent hits me hard, making my head reel but I refuse to let it show staring straight ahead refusing to let my eyes wander to her.