《One》

BLAKE

"Remember that the money is in your wallet at the very bottom of the bag and I put $2,000 in there, so don't spend it all at once. And then the clothes are in the bag along with two pairs of shoes and some essentials." My mum says and I roll my eyes.

"Mum, I know. You told me like three times since yesterday." My mother is about to say something but I interrupt her. "And yes, I know that I will turn nineteen tomorrow and I will call you."

My mum is such a worry, but then again, I would be worried and stressed out too if my daughter/son would be chosen to be a Runner. But this was my dream, everyone knew that I wanted to do this and I can now.

"I have been trained to be a Runner since the age eight so I think I can handle myself, mother." I say and open my arms to hug her since I'm going to have to go soon.

She hugs me and we stay there for a little while "Be careful." She whispers in my ear and we separate. Then I proceed to hug my father "I love you Blake." He says as we separate and I swear I'm fighting the tears that are threatening to spill out of my eyes any minute now.

I then turn to my oldest brother, a year older than me, and he gives me a big bear hug. "I love you little sis, be careful." He says into my ear.

Daniel is his name and he is tall like the rest of us, but of course, we all have different ages so... anyways he has green eyes from our father and dark brown hair which is from my mother. I have my dad's light brown hair and my mum's blue eyes, and I'm quite tall since our parents are both tall.

I let him go and then hug my other three siblings, Maddie (Twelve), Ruby (Eight) and Stiles (four)(My mother was obsessed with Teen Wolf.) Stiles has the same green eyes and dark brown hair like Daniel, and Maddie and Ruby have the same blue eyes and light brown hair like me.

Then I turn back to my mother who is now holding the latest addition to our family, Luca who is only two. I look at my youngest sibling and lean down to kiss his forehead and he smiles.

By now, at least three tears have escaped my eyes and now I have a gigantic trouble keeping them all in.

"I'll miss you guys." My voice comes out as a sob and my family looks at me in pity.

I collect myself and breathe in, this is my dream.

This is our dream. I tell my wolf and she doesn't reply, probably saying goodbye to the wolves of my family.

"Okay, I am not going to cry." I smile as wide as I can and my family laughs at that and I smile even wider if that's possible.

"COULD WE PLEASE HAVE ALL FOUR OF THE RUNNERS COME TO THE FRONT!" A loud voice booms across everywhere and I smile at my family once more and turn around, walking away from them.

"Be careful, Blake." My mum and dad shout and I smile to myself. Daniel is supposed to be the next Alpha soon, and I won't be there to see the ceremony.

Be a good Alpha, okay? I mind-link Daniel as I reach Nicolai, a boy who is from my pack and is a Runner now too.

Will do, little sis. He mind links me back and I turn to Nicolai.

"Hello, I wish you all the best." I say to him and he smiles at me in return. "You too." He says and turns to face the man who's standing at the very front, looking at the families and friends of the four Runners.

I learned that the other two Runners are Seb and Becky from the Blue Moon Pack and we had a small conversation earlier, sharing our numbers in case any of us needed help.

Becky and Seb are twins and I was quite surprised when they both got chosen. They seemed nice so I was glad that I could help them or they could help me. 

"This is the eighth Runner 'game'," The man at the front, who's bulky and tall, says loudly and when he says game he uses his fingers as quotations. "These are the rules which you have to go by, my fellow Runners. Number one: No coming back to your pack for at least 3 years. Two: You are going to be a rogue so even if you're a Runner you can still be held imprisoned. Three: If you find your mate, you can quit being a Runner. Four: Your pack/parents do not have a say in anything that happens to you. Five: If you are threatened to be killed by another pack you can ask for help from your pack ONLY once. And remember kids that we all wish you the best and try not to get yourself killed and that we hope to see you returning back after three years safely and soundly. Also as you know you can get help from the other Runners if you need and that you can travel to any other countries if you have to." He announces and we, four, nod at him.

He comes up to me first and cuts my wrist. "From the power given to me, I announce you now a rogue." He says to me and the wound starts to heal slowly. 

I start loosing the connection between my family and the rest of the pack. 

It's okay, only three years. We can do it.

Being a rogue means that you are hated by other packs and that you're a threat to any wolf that is in a Pack.

I feel the need to scream when I feel the last string of my brother's connection with mine disappearing. I turn my head to see that the man has done the same to the other three Runners and I'm the first to let out an ear-piercing scream, and each of them follow.

I fall to my knees as the pain starts to subside but I still feel a slight pang of hurt at the fact that I'm not connected to my pack anymore.

I collect my strength and slowly get back up, I look around to see my mum crying and my siblings trying to get to me.

I faintly smile at my family and turn towards the man. "Know that you will be rogues until you either find your mate and join their pack or come back after three years." The man says to the four of us and we nod.

"I hope you all the best Runners," The man starts and I inhale some air, prepared for what he says next.

I've seen this happen four times so I know what's next.

"And... " He starts. "You may go... " He checks his watch and I, along with the other three, get into our running positions. "NOW!" He shouts and we sprint off into the woods. The cheers following us as we run.

We reach a tree with a red flag (which means you can walk now) and halt to a stop.

I look around to see Nicolai, Becky and Seb coming up to me.

"Right so, I'm going further into the woods. If anyone wanna come?" Nicolai starts and I immediately reply with a yes.

"Alright then." He nods at me.

"If any of you need help, you have our numbers. And I hope that we will come to the rescue for each other." Becky says with hope in her tone and I nod at her.

"I will try to help most of the time. But it depends on how far I've gone." I say to them and they instantly smile.

We all agree on helping each other and then separate. Me and Nicolai heading deeper into the woods and Seb and Becky towards the nearest town.

I and Nicolai walk in a comfortable silence for a few minutes until he brakes it.

"So where you planning to go?" He asks me and I sigh.

"I have no clue." I answer in all honestly.

"Well, I was thinking of heading off to New York or something." He shrugs.

I turn my face to look at him, not stopping my walking. "Well, then I shall leave you soon. I like the woods and you know that stuff." I tell him and he smirks.

"Well then, we can separate now since I have to go North." He says and I nod.

I don't know Nicolai that well, but we hug like we are old friends.

"I shall meet you soon, my dearest friend." I joke.

He smiles and puts his hand on his forehead and kind of swings it toward the air.

"Yes, sir." He laughs out and I giggle.

I turn around to go my way and he turns his way. "Bye, Nicolai."

"Bye, Blake."