《Twelve》

BLAKE

As a new morning approaches us, I feel Logan softly place a kiss on my cheek before the weight of the other side lessens.

I don't open my eyes, wanting to sleep. And anyway this bed is too nice, even nicer that the one in the pack house.

I faintly hear some shuffling and then a close of the door as sleep calls me back.

*

I step out of the shower and dry myself with a towel before wrapping it against my body.

The calm of the morning is quite new once again, no moving and no talking behind the doors.
Although I do like some noise, and this is making it a little weird. But I can get use to it once again.

I grab Logan's shirt and walk out of the bathroom. I place the shirt on the bed and go over to the grey wardrobe, which is just like the one in Logan's old room but bigger and has more space.

I grab a black jumper and black jeans and then some white socks for today and put them on.

It's getting chilly outside by the day and even though it's warm inside, I still feel a little cold.

I walk over to the dresser that Logan had gotten for me and take my hair brush. I slowly go from the top of my hair to the bottom until it's brushed and de-tangled.

Me being me, I decide to put my hair in a low ponytail as I don't like it when wet hair is touching my face.

As I pull my hand towards the hair ties on the dresser, I notice the faint outline of the birthmark that I have.

I've had it since I was little and I completely forgot about it. It has a symbol of the moon and it's weird because I'm sure that birthmarks never have any images of anything which look like an artist drew them.

But mine does. Although I never pay any mind to it as anything could be.

I take one hair tie and bring it to my hair, before taking all of it and placing it at the bottom of my head.

I look in the mirror and smile, a thing I always did in the mornings. It lifted my mood.

I turn and head for the door, open it and walk down the hallway and then the stairs.

My first stop is the kitchen where I'm greeted with a delicious smell.

"Eggs and toast today." Logan's voice comes from the fridge.

I 'mmm' him and walk over to the counter and grab the plate that's on it, "Mine, right?"

He takes out the butter and nods, so I walk over to the table and sit down.

Logan isn't the best cooker but he definitely is way better than me, and he manages to always make the food right. Unlike me.

Something's wrong with it every time.

"Thank you." I say as he hands me a butter knife and butter itself.

He fills a plate for himself and sits down across me as I fill my toast with butter.

I hand Logan the butter and butter knife and he takes them with a smile, "How did you sleep?"

"Very well." I answer.

"You do ask that every morning." I point out as I take a bit out of my toast.

"Can't I do that?"

"Of course you can. I was just pointing out." I reply to him as his mouth fills with toast.

"Right." And after that we eat in silence.