《Six》

BLAKE

The walk down the stairs with the other members is quiet. Everyone radiating with the happiness of dinner.

No one bothers to disturb the nice silence. And no one is pushing or making a scene. It is so organized. It is impressive to watch how everyone from their floors join the stairs and walk in lines so more people can go.

Silent.

The only acknowledgement of their Alpha is a brief nod. He nods back and we continue in silence. It is so quiet that I do not dare to say a word.

When we reach the end of the stairs, there is a formation of three lines. Everyone waiting in silence for their turn in getting food. I stand on my tippy toes to see how everyone is getting their food and see three stands full of food. There are two women and one man on each stand.
The wolves are handed a plate and then get to choose what they want and the quantity of it. At the end of the line they get a drink of their choice and a fork and a knife.

Organized.

We move forward in our line, slightly starting to hear the voices from the dining hall, I assume. I think my most favourite part is that when it comes to food, the higher rank wolves are treated the same as the lower rank ones.

We are getting closer and closer to the food stand every minute passing and the scent of different foods engulfs my nose.

No longer can I smell Logan's sweet smell.
He's behind me with my arm in his and I'm not complaining. They mold together perfectly. I quickly smile at myself at the nice feelings as we continue moving.

The noises become clearer, and I can hear a few pups crying, and conversations everywhere.
It is weird yet impressive how every single wolf on this side is as quiet as a mouse, waiting for their food, and the other full of laughter and voices.

When it becomes my turn to fill my plate, the lady behind the stall looks at me, full of confusion. I'm not one of their own.

She looks at my right hand that is connected to Logan and then she averts her gaze, it is not her right to snoop around.

I disconnect our hands and put on some potatoes along with three sausages on my plate, and take a glass of apple juice.

Now the noise is crystal clear as we cross the invisible line.

"Impressive." I say, while following my mate. There are gazes following me and then averted. I pay no mind.

He sits at a table that is alone, I follow his lead and sit down too.

"Thank you. I'm very proud of my pack." He replies as he lifts a potato with the fork stabbed into it, to his lips.

I look at the tasty food, happy that I don't have to be fed anymore. I stab the fork into a potato myself and bring it to my lips.

My eating disturbs Logan as his eyes look at the way I'm eating and slight disgust is shown on his face.

"Please don't eat with your mouth open. It's disgusting." He says and I roll my eyes, closing my mouth.

I then continue to eat with my mouth closed. He smiles in appreciation.

Soon enough, the table that we're sitting on, starts filling up. Their scents show their power.

Higher ranks.

"Alpha." A woman, maybe in her mid forties, says and sits down next to him.

"Mother." He smiles at her and then continues to eat.