《Nine》

BLAKE

The next few days go slowly and are really boring.

I mean, not boring-boring, but my boring.

I'm used to going places and changing sceneries, but here, everything's the same.

To say that I don't miss being a Runner, would be a big fat lie.

But to also say that I didn't like being here, would also be a big lie.

I mean I have my mate, but not the freedom I want.

I'd-

"Morning." Logan's murmur breaks me from my thoughts as I smile.

"Morning." I greet him back as his arm goes around the side of my waist and his nose snuggles into the crook of my neck.

He inhales through his nose and that causes me to giggle. He exhales and inhales again which makes me go from my giggle to my laugh.

"Stop! It tickles." I laugh when he repeats.

"Does it?" He asks as he does it again making me laugh even more.

In a second, I'm on my back and Logan is on top of me, his hands at the sides of my stomach.

I'm really ticklish and him doing that makes me laugh really loudly. I squirm under his hold and try to make him to stop, but he continues.

"P-please s-s-stop." I plead and he laughs.

His laugh, it's heaven to my ears.

Over the week we have gotten closer, spending more time together whether it's me sitting with him at his office while he works or him sitting with me and his mother whilst we drink tea.

Don't ask. Just don't.

It's been going great.

"I'm g-gonna pee m-myself." I laugh out and he stops tickling me.

I open my eyes to see his face close to mine. I can smell his breath, which is not its best by the way, but that doesn't bother me.
His eyes are looking into mine and it seems as if time has stopped, it's just us.

He looks down at my lips and then back to my eyes. Everything is quiet, only our breathing heard. This moment is nice.

We stay like that for a few more moments.

"I'm really gonna pee myself." I break our moment.

Logan seems to come out of his trance and nods, "Yeah sure."

He rolls off of me, clearly upset that we didn't kiss.

I look at him for a second before getting out of bed and going to the bathroom.

Whilst there, I brush my teeth and wash my face. I had a shower last night.

I enter the bedroom and see Logan sitting on the edge of his side of the bed. He seems to be thinking about something, so I walk over and sit next to him.

"What's up?" I ask.

His face is in his hands and his elbows on his knees. "I did something, didn't I?"

My face scrunches up in confusion, "What do you mean?"

He slowly lifts his head up and looks at me, "I did something wrong, and that's why you don't want to kiss me."

Is that what he's worried about?

"No, you didn't." I move closer to him as I say this.