Two

Brantley's POV

"Amber I'm tired of fighting with you. Kolby saw you leave the bar with that guy. You took him to MY house!" I yell at my soon to be ex wife. She got the divorce papers today. All that is left to do is get her signature and go before the judge. "Brantley, you are gone all the time and a woman has needs. I love you and I'm not signing these papers." She says in her huffy voice. "If you loved me, you never would've went home with that guy. Sign the fucking papers." I say and hang up before she can respond. Never would I have thought that my high school sweetheart would cheat on me. I knew she had a hard time handling my job, that's why I worked with my manager to make it where I was home more. She never wanted to go on the road with me. I love Amber with all I have in me but it's not worth it anymore.

I'm sitting on the couch in my bus while we are driving from Denver to Nashville. I decide to get on Twitter, which I don't do very often, and scroll through my newsfeed. As I'm scrolling, I see a tweet that catches my eye. "@blakeshelton and I are going our separate ways." I can't believe that Blake and Miranda are getting a divorce. I decide to send her a private message telling her about Amber and myself and leaving my number if she decides she wants to talk. I get up to go shower and get ready for bed. I hear my phone beep on the bathroom counter signaling I have a text. I finish my shower and dry off. Wrapping my towel around my waist, I pick up my phone and read the text from Miranda.

M- Hey BG. It's Miranda. Just so you know I'm here for you too. 😘
B- Hey Miranda. Thanks. I'll be in Nashville tomorrow. If you're in town we should meet up.
M- Yeah, I live here now. I got here this afternoon. We can make plans tomorrow.

Miranda and I exchanged a few more texts then we decided it was time for bed. I'm almost asleep when I get a phone call. "Brantley, I've signed the papers. I'll take them to the court tomorrow. We are both getting everything we came into this with." Amber says in a sad tone. "Thank you. I'm sorry for doing this but it's for the best. I think we will both be happier." I say. She doesn't even respond she just hangs up. I let out a sigh of relief and listen to the sound of the bus tires on the asphalt and fall into a deep sleep.