Twenty Eight

Miranda's POV

Harper is 6 months old and Carter is almost three. I can't believe how fast my babies are growing. Things with Brantley and I have been a little rough lately. We have been fighting over just about everything. He left yesterday to go hunting with his brother and their buddies. I'm not going to lie, I'm enjoying the break from the fighting. I'm still not sure why we even started fighting to begin with. We never fight. He came home from Nashville about a month ago and ever since then, we've been arguing. "Mama, I don't know what to do." I say crying to my mama on the phone. "Randa, honey, you just need to talk to him." "Every time I try mama, he just leaves and goes to hangout with his friends." I tell her wiping my tears. Mama is right though, I just need to talk to him.

I hear Brantley's truck pull up and I start getting nervous. I took the kids to Mama Becky's house for the evening so I could talk to him. I hear the front door open, but instead of getting up to greet him, I stay in my chair in the living room. Brantley walks upstairs to our room and I decided I need to do this now so he can't run away. I get to the room and close and lock the door. "Ok Brantley, I'm done avoiding this. What is wrong with you?" I say a little angrier than I intended. He turns and looks at me and I can't read his expression. "I've been talking to Jana." Before he can get another word out, I'm already crying. "Are you cheating on me with her?" I ask bluntly and wipe my tears.

Brantley's POV

"Are you cheating on me with her?" I look up to meet Miranda's tear filled eyes and my heart breaks. "She has a kid Miranda, and she is saying that it's mine." I tell her putting my head in my hands and preparing for what's next. "Well, is it?" She asks looking hurt. "We are still waiting for the results. Look baby, I'm sorry. I shouldn't have kept it from you, but the thought of losing you scares the shit out of me." I tell her slowly walking towards her. "I'm so mad at you right now. Brantley, we are married. I'm here to help you with your problems. Is this why we have been fighting? Because you've been hiding this?" All I can do is bid my head before my phone starts ringing.

When I hang up the phone, Miranda is standing in the doorway just looking at me. "Jana's daughter isn't mine. She told her lawyer she only wanted my money." I tell her with a smile. "So where do we go from here?" She says breathing a sigh of relief. "We are going to get dressed up and we are going out for a nice dinner. It's not gonna make up for all the fighting, but it's a start." I tell her walking over to her and grabbing her hand. "I'm sorry for all of this baby girl. I didn't want to tell you until I knew something for sure. I realize now that was a mistake. If I would've told you, it probably would've prevented the fighting." I say to Miranda wrapping my arms around her. She wraps her arms around my neck and pulls my face to here and kisses me. "It's ok Brantley. Let's just not talk about it anymore. I just want to get back to the way we were." She says kissing me again. With that, we started getting ready for dinner.

Miranda's POV

I'm relieved that Jana's daughter isn't Brantley's but I'm still upset with him for not telling me. I understand why he didn't but still. Brantley finished getting ready so he was waiting for me downstairs. I have finished my hair and makeup and putting on my dress. I'm sitting on the bed putting my heels on when Brantley walks into the room. "Baby, are you ready to g....wow. You look gorgeous." He says when I stand up. "Thank you handsome. You look pretty good yourself." I tell him lightly kissing him. We walk downstairs and out to the truck. I still can't let this Jana thing go. I guess I need to talk to Brantley about how I feel.