Eleven

Miranda's POV

Brantley and I have been together for a little over a year now. For our one year anniversary he got me tickets to see Shania Twain and I'm crazy excited. Brantley will be hunting this weekend with his buddies while me and Gwen, my friend and background singer, are at the concert. Brantley left last night and Gwen and I are in my bathroom and getting ready for tonight. I'm drying my hair after my shower and my phone starts ringing. "Hey there sexy man." I say as I answer the phone after seeing it's Brantley. "Well hey there. How's my woman?" He asks with a chuckle. "I'm good. I just got out of the shower and I'm standing in front of the mirror in a towel drying my hair." "Baby girl, you can't say shit like that when I can't see it." Brantley says pouting. We talk for a little longer before we hang up and I finish getting ready for the concert.

So far Miss Shania is putting on a damn good show. Gwen and I have been drinking a bit and I've got a pretty good buzz going. Shania just finished singing Any Man of Mine and is now talking to the crowd. "So I see a very beautiful and talented lady in the front row!" She says into the microphone. It takes me a minute to realize she is looking and talking to me. "Get up here and sing with me girl!" Shania yells. Her security guys come and escort me on stage. I get hooked up to a mic and quickly walk out on stage. "What are we singin'?" I ask as I walk out. The crowd goes insane when they see me. Shania and I sing Man! I Feel Like a Woman and when we are finished I hear a voice that I wasn't expecting to hear.

"Hot damn ladies! Y'all put on one hell of a show." I turn to see Brantley walking out on stage. Of course, all the girls start screaming in the audience. Brantley walks over to Shania and hugs her and says something into her ear. He then walks over to me and embraces me into a hug. "Baby girl, I know I said I was out huntin' with my buddies, but I lied." He said and I start getting nervous. What is he doing?

Brantley's POV

"Baby girl, I know I said I was out huntin' with my buddies, but I lied." I said to Miranda with a smirk on my face. I could visibly see her tense up and get nervous. "I had a good reason though. I wanted to surprise you." I tell her as I grab her hand. "Well I'm surprised." Miranda says with a smile. "I gotta ask you something and I better do it quick so Shania can get back to her show." I say with a nervous laugh. I get down on one knee and I watch Miranda's hand cover her mouth.

"Miranda Leigh Lambert, I love you with all my heart. This has literally been the best year of my life. My mama will even tell you that I've never been this happy. I'm gonna quit ramblin' now and ask you if you will make me a lucky man and become my wife. Will you marry me?" I ask wither tears forming in my eyes. I look up into Miranda's eyes as she nods her head saying yes. As I'm standing up putting the ring on Miranda's finger and kissing her passionately, Shania starts singing her song Forever and Always. As she's singing, she comes over and hugs us both. We walk off stage and go back to stand next to Gwen and finish the show.