Fourteen

Miranda's POV

I'm about 3 months pregnant now and I'm beginning to show. I've decided to take some time off until the baby is born. Brantley has been out on a mini tour with Justin Moore and Thomas Rhett for the last month and a half. I haven't seen him since the morning he left. He's coming this afternoon for the weekend. I can't wait to see him. And I can't wait for him to see my tiny baby bump.

I must have fallen asleep on the couch because the next thing I know I feel lips on my forehead and I hear Brantley whispering. I open my eyes and sit up and wrap my arms around my husband. "I'm so glad you're home baby." I tell him kissing him. I stand up and pull my shirt down and I feel Brantley put his hands on my hip. "You're starting to show." He says with a smile on his face and running his hands over my belly. "I know. Before long I'm gonna be fat." I tell him with a laugh. "No. That will just be our baby growing and getting healthy." He tells me standing up and kissing me.

Brantley and I decided to have his mama and Kolby over for dinner tonight so we can tell them about the baby before we release it to the public. I'll tell my parents when we FaceTime tomorrow night. I just finished getting ready for dinner and now I'm in the kitchen finishing up the brisket. "Whoo wee! Baby it smells amazing in here." Brantley says as he walks in the kitchen. "Mama Becky and Kolby should be here any minute." I tell him as I finish the mashed potatoes and corn. Brantley starts setting the table and finishes preparing the sweet tea. Mama Becky and Kolby walk through the front door right on time. Mama Becky comes straight over to me and hugs me. "There's my favorite daughter in law." She says before she turns to hug Brantley. Kolby comes over and hugs me and tells me how amazing everything looks and smells. "We have about 30 minutes until the brisket is finished so we can go into the living room and catch up." I suggest as Brantley walks off to get the gift for his mom.

As we are sitting in the living room making small talk, Mama Becky gets curious about the bag at Brantley's feet. "What's in the bag son?" She asks curiously. "Open it." Brantley says with a smile as he hands it to her. She starts yanking out the tissue paper and then reaches down and grabs what is at the bottom of the bag. She looks up at us with a confused look. I nod my head and encourage her to look at it. She looks down at the material in her hand and unfolds it. It's a onesie that says "My Grandma Loves Me to the Moon and Back." After she reads it, she looks at me and Brantley. "My babies are having a baby."

Brantley's POV

After dinner and mama and Kolby left, Miranda was ready for bed. We shut off all the lights and walk upstairs. We are walking down the hall when Miranda stops and looks in the room that will be our baby's nursery. She leans against the door frame and just stares in the room with a slight smile on her face. "I can't believe that in six months there will be a baby in here." She says turning to look at me. "I know baby. After we find out what we are having, we can start decorating and all that fun stuff." I tell Miranda as we start walking towards our bedroom.

I woke up this morning to the smell of bacon. I get out of bed and put on my sweats and a Nike shirt and walk downstairs to see the most gorgeous sight I think I've ever seen. Miranda is standing at the stove with her hair a mess and wearing my t-shirt with her headphones in singing my song Let It Ride. My wife is amazing. I finally walk up behind her and put my arms around her and place my hands on her stomach. Miranda turns around in my arms, puts her arms around my neck, and pulls me in for a knee weakening kiss. "I would love to keep kissing my amazingly sexy husband but our baby is hungry so I better finish cooking breakfast." She says turning back to finish cooking.

"Baby it's time for me to go!" I shout up the stairs to Miranda. She comes walking down the stairs with a sad look and tears coming down her cheeks. "What's wrong baby girl?" "My hormones are crazy and you're leaving for another 3 weeks. I'm just a mess." Miranda says just as my bus pulls up. "3 weeks will fly by baby. I'll be home before you know it." I tell her as I kiss her and we say our goodbyes and then I walk out the door to load the bus.