Twelve

Brantley's POV

It's been a month since Miranda and I got engaged. She has been trying to plan the wedding but she's still not sure what she wants. We decided that we want to get married soon. October 10th to be exact. We are trying to keep the date as secret as possible so we can actually enjoy a private wedding. "What if we don't even tell our guests when the wedding is? That eliminates all chances for the date to get leaked." I suggested to Miranda while she's scrolling through places to have the wedding. "That sounds great!" She says excitedly. "What if we tell everyone that they are coming to our engagement party but it's actually our wedding?" We can do it hear in the backyard."  She says. "I think that's the best idea I've ever heard." I tell her as I lean down and kiss her.

It's October 9th and Miranda is running around like crazy trying to get things perfect. The tent for the reception is up and all the tables are being loaded in and decorated as we speak. The engagement party invites got sent out about 2 weeks ago and luckily everyone is coming. The only person that knows that we are getting married tomorrow is the man marrying us. I honestly can't believe that everything is happening so fast. I wouldn't want it any other way. "I can't believe that tomorrow you will be my husband." Miranda says as she wraps her arms around my waist from behind. "This is it baby girl. I'm not ever letting you go." I say to her as I pull her around so that she is now standing in front of me. "You are going to be my wife and the mother of my children. You alright with that?" "I'm completely alright with it." She whispers as she stands on her toes to kiss me.

Miranda's POV

Today is the day that I marry Brantley. I thank God everyday that he is in my life. My marriage to Blake ended for a reason. That reason is because God knew that Brantley was better for me. The caterer has showed up with the food and Brantley is down at the tent showing them where to set up. Everything is going as planned and no one knows what they are in for tonight. I'm standing in the bathroom, in my lacy white thong and one of Brantley's gray button up shirts, doing my hair and makeup. I hear the bedroom door open and shortly after I see Brantley standing in the bathroom doorway. "Can we just get married with you wearing that?" Brantley asks with a seductive grin. "Only if you want every man here to see me half naked." I say with a wink. "Hell no baby. That sexy ass of yours is mine." He says as he kisses me and smacks my ass.

All of our guests are showing up and are still clueless to what is going on. We are still waiting on my parents and Brantley's brother to show up before we tell everyone what is really going on. Kolby walks in and is actually dressed in something nice and not in a t-shirt and jeans. Of course him and Brantley both have their hats on, but I don't want them any other way. Finally, my parents show up and it's time to tell everyone our secret. They are all standing in our living room waiting to start the party. Brantley and I walk into the room and smile at each other. "Thank you all for coming. I know that y'all are eager to party but Miranda and I have something to tell you first." Brantley says looking at our 50 guests. "Am I gonna have a little grandbaby?" Mama Becky asks as everyone starts laughing. "No mama. Not yet." Brantley says still laughing. As I quit laughing, I finish saying what Brantley started. "Brantley and I are actually getting married tonight! Welcome to our wedding!"

Our quick little ceremony went of without a hitch and now we are all in the tent eating dinner and getting ready to party. I literally can't stop looking at my ring. Brantley traded my square shaped diamond for a pear shape with two rectangle diamonds on the side with a solid diamond band underneath. It's gorgeous. The DJ says that it is time for our first dance. Brantley leans over and kisses my cheek as he grabs my hand and leads me to the dance floor. After a few hours of drinking and dancing, all of our guests have left. Brantley and I are walking back to the house where he lifts me over the threshold and takes me upstairs to love me until the morning light.