Fifteen

Brantley's POV

I'm finally on my way home. I haven't seen Miranda in 3 weeks and I'm going crazy. I miss her so much. Tomorrow is Saturday and the day of our gender reveal party. Raelynn and Carrie Underwood are throwing the party. They went to the doctor with Miranda a few days ago. I'm excited to find out what the baby is. I'm happy either way.

The bus finally pulls up in front of the house and me and the guys are unloading my things. PJ, my bus driver and security guard, unloads my truck and my bike. I turn around and look at the front porch and see my wife leaning against a post waiting for me. I say my goodbyes to the boys and start walking towards the house. "Well well. If it isn't my very sexy husband." Miranda says as I start walking towards the porch. "I'm happy to be home. I'm even happier to see my wife." I say as I walk up the porch steps and kiss her. "And I must say, that you being round with my child is the sexiest thing that I've ever seen." I finish saying as Miranda helps me with a couple of bags and leads me inside. "Let's leave these bags down here and you take me upstairs and love me." She says dropping the bags and grabbing my hand and pulling me upstairs.

Miranda's POV

I'm happy that Brantley is home for awhile. I know how much he hates time off so the fact that he is doing this for me makes me feel so lucky to have him. I get Brantley upstairs and he starts kissing my neck. It's been too long and this is teasing me. "Baby as much as I love how this feels, I need you now." I tell him pulling his shirt over his head. That was all the invitation he needed. He loved me so gentle and passionately until it was time for dinner.

(The Next Day)

Today is the day I finally learn the sex of the baby. I've been trying for the past two days to get Raelynn and Carrie to tell me but neither one of them will spill it. I'm standing in my closet trying to figure out what to wear. I decided on a white shirt that tightly covers my growing belly, a pair of jeans, and my favorite boots. I curled my hair and did my makeup and then I made my way downstairs. "Baby you look beautiful." Brantley says as he walks out of the kitchen. "Thank you. Are you excited about today?" I ask him after I kiss him good morning. "Hell yeah. I'm ready to know if I'm gonna have a son or a daughter." "We better out then so we aren't late. Carrie lives on the other side of town." I say as we start grabbing our things and heading out the door.

Arriving at Carrie's house, we see that already there is a ton of cars here. Her front porch had blue and pink balloons tied to the railing and her door has a sign that says "Is it a he or she? Come in and see!" Brantley knocks on the door and Carrie opens it with a smile. "The guests of honor have arrived." She says and all the guests cheer. We walk inside and her whole house is decked out in pink and blue. Carrie and Rae really went all out. Brantley and I started making our rounds and saying hello to everyone. We are talking to Mama Becky and I get really excited when I see my mama and daddy. "I'm so happy y'all are here!" I say as I hug mama and Brantley shakes daddy's hand. We all stand around talk for a while and enjoy the company. "That's enough chattering. Let's find out what my grand baby is gonna be." My mama shouts and everyone cheers. We all make our way outside and anticipate what's next. Raelynn and Carrie walk over to the camo board that says Buck or Doe with a balloon in the middle. Mike, Carrie's husband, walks over to Brantley with a bow and a couple arrows. I stand next to Brantley as he shoots the first arrow and barely misses the balloon. He shoots the second arrow and hits the balloon and we all watch as blue paint splatters every where. "It's a boy!" Brantley and I yell as we hug and kiss.

The rest of the party was great. We had cake and a few people brought us gifts for the baby. We got some bottles and a couple outfits that are gender neutral but perfect for our baby boy. Brantley and I are now in bed doing some online shopping and looking for baby things. "Let's go to bed baby. We can shop some more tomorrow." Brantley says. I plug my phone in and by it on the nightstand and cuddle up to Brantley and fall asleep.

A Second Chance at Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें