Six

Brantley's POV

Miranda and I have been together for about 3 weeks now and I have never been happier. Miranda left about a week ago for her Roadside Bars and Pink Guitars tour. I had to stay behind in Nashville to do some radio stuff and writing sessions. She's been gone only a week and we talk everyday but I still miss her like crazy. She sent me a picture yesterday showing me that she got a haircut. She cut it up a little above her shoulders and she looks even more beautiful. I am a lucky man.

I have decided that I'm going to surprise Miranda at her next location. I've been talking to her manager and he is going to help me pull it off. She is going to be in Jonesboro, Arkansas tomorrow night so I'm going to make the 4 hour drive tomorrow morning. As I start packing my bag I get a FaceTime call from Miranda. "Hey baby girl! How's it goin' baby?" I say as I hit answer. "It's good baby. I just missed you and wanted to talk to you." She says with a smile on her face. We talk for a bit when we hear Raelynn, Miranda's opening act and best friend, come in the room. "Well baby it's showtime I gotta go." She says sadly. Before I can say goodbye Raelynn speaks up. "Here girl, let me take your phone and Brantley can stay on and watch part of your show." She says. Miranda and I agree and she hands her phone to Rae and hits the stage.

Today is the day that I'm surprising my baby. I'm about an hour outside of Jonesboro and I'm nervous and hoping I can pull this off. Last night, I gave Raelynn a heads up and she was excited and wanted to help. I told her to tell Miranda's band that after she sings Little Red Wagon, I want them to start playing the notes for my song My Kind Of Crazy and I'm going to walk onstage singing the song. I finally arrive at the venue and park my truck by the buses in a spot where Miranda won't see it. I text Rae and let her know I'm here and she runs out giving me the all clear, so I grab my bag and get out of the truck. "She's doing sound check right now. Her band is up to speed on everything. Her manager set up a room for you by her dressing room to hideout in until showtime." She explains. Sounds like everything is ready.

Miranda's POV

I'm in the middle of my show and it's time for me to do Little Red Wagon. I start the song and everything goes perfectly. I turn to get a drink and my band starts playing the notes for my next song. "Wait, that's not my song." I think to myself. Before I can even realize what's going on, I hear Brantley's voice and then see him walk out from side stage. The crowd erupts into cheers as her continues singing My Kind of Crazy and I run and jump into his arms. I'm shocked I didn't mess him up. He catches me in one muscular arm and keeps singing. When he finishes the song, he pulls me to him and kisses me. The crowd goes crazy as we pull away. I guess we just told the world that we are together.

After I finish my show I ran side stage and jumped into Brantley's arms. As he is holding me I whisper "Take me back to my bus." He wastes no time in getting us there. We walk onto the bus and I lock the door and as soon as I turn around I'm met with Brantley's lips. "I know that it's only been a week, but damn baby, I've missed you." He says as he starts kissing my neck. "Just shut up and love me already." I say with a smirk as I start pulling his shirt over his head. He growls in response and starts pulling me towards my bed and taking my shirt off. Once we are both completely naked, we fall back into the bed and make love for hours. Finally, after about 2 hours, we finally fall asleep.