Thirty One

Miranda's POV

Today is Brantley's birthday and I've been planning a little getaway for us for over a month. I've already dropped the kids off with Mama Becky and got our bags in the truck. I'm just waiting for Brantley to get home from breakfast with Kolby. I'm finishing cleaning up the kitchen when I hear Kolby's truck pull up. "Hey baby girl." Brantley says walking into the kitchen. "Happy Birthday baby." I tell him pulling him towards me to kiss him. "Let me finish putting these dishes in the dishwasher and then we will go." I say as we pull away. "Where are we going?" Brantley asks looking confused. "It's a surprise."

We've been driving for a couple hours and Brantley will not quit asking where we are going. "I'm not telling you. You will see soon enough." I tell him with a laugh. We make it to Nashville and I keep driving to a secluded wooded area. I pull up to a house that's surrounded by trees and is out here all by itself. Brantley looks at me confused. "What is this?" He asks as we get out of the truck. "This is our new Nashville home. But for this weekend it's your birthday getaway." I tell him with a wink. I walk around to the back of the Tahoe to grab our bags. As we walk into the house, I set the bags down behind the couch and start showing Brantley around. When we make it to the master bedroom, Brantley pushes me onto the bed and kisses me.

Brantley's POV

I'm such a lucky man. The things that Miranda does for me always surprises me and makes me happy. I never imagined even having her in my life much less being married and having kids with her. I wake up this morning to a sleeping Miranda laying on my chest and my hand running up and down her bare back. I smile when the memories of last night cross my mind. I kiss Miranda's head and she starts to wake up. She opens her beautiful eyes and looks up at me. "Good morning baby." I say pulling her lips to mine and kissing her. "Good morning. Are you hungry?" She asks as we pull away. "Yeah. I could eat." I say as she gets out of bed and slides on my t-shirt. We walk downstairs and she starts getting things out to cook breakfast. I couldn't help but stare at her as she cooked and moved around the kitchen. Her wearing nothing but my shirt drives me wild.

I decided to take Miranda out to dinner tonight and have a little night on the town. I'm waiting for Miranda to finish getting dressed and I'm standing at the bottom of the stairs with flowers. When she comes walking down the stairs, she looks amazing. Her leather skirt and long sleeve black shirt just makes me want her right here and now. I kiss her and take her hand and help her out to the truck. We get to the Italian restaurant and have a fantastic dinner and now we are headed to the Nashville strip. We walk into Honky Tonk Central and find a table to sit at so we can watch the band. Miranda pulls me out onto the dance floor and we dance together until Miranda's feet start to hurt. We are now standing in the corner listening to the band and Miranda decides to start kissing my neck. "Baby, if you keep doing that, I'm taking you home." I tell her with a smirk. "Then take me home daddy." She says pulling me towards the door.