Trust Worthy? Or No?

"What? You'll punch my lights out?"

Dave asked sitting up on the block, it wasn't very comfortable sitting on stone but he was trying to make the best of it.
The miner didn't know exactly why not to look into Endermen's eyes, his brother only just told him 'don't' and never a full answer but he didn't ever take the advice he got for granted. Well, some.
Then the question came, it made him stop it time as it hit his ears. His face became more bland that before, a rush of chills went down his body. He quickly regains himself, he couldn't lose the cool boy façade now. Getting too comfortable would mean for the other to have a more likely chance to catch him off guard. He wasn't going to let the memories get to him now, but they came up anyway. "The bastard just isn't here, besides. It's not like it matters anyway." He muttered to the other, hearing the last of his words echo in the endless mine. His eyes feel to the floor, he could feel his chest heavy, harder to get his air in than out, like he was suffocating himself. It was all just a burden, remembering what happened to his brother. He was a hard-ass on him anyway but he meant well.

"It's not your asses. It's just that, well, whenever an Enderman sees a human's eyes we.." Karkat stopped, then forced himself to continue. "Lose control." He swallowed; throat suddenly dry. "I mean, I'd probably try to fight it but not because I want to forget your sorry ass! I haven't lost it yet and I want to keep my streak fucking sparkling. So keep on those damn shades unless you want me to rip your head off and shove it up your ass." Karkat then saw the expression on Dave's face. Hadn't shown much emotion yet but by the looks of it, despite the mirrors for shades, something was up. He tried to ignore his concern and fought to sound only mildly intrigued when he spoke aloud. "Well, clearly we've got time if your lost and I'm your only way out. And I'm not going anywhere until you tell. So get comfortable, fucker." Karkat was still standing, but he wanted to be able to move quickly if the human decided to attack. "Remember, I still don't know if you're going to attack me for my drops or whatever. Endermen are fucking rare. So you'd better think of a way to get me to trust you, because otherwise you'll be in these caves for a long ass time." Karkat trusted Dave to acquaintanceship level, but no way in hell admitting it to him.

"Sounds cool. Nothing like having a monster stalking you outside of your window waiting to make the killing blow." The miner sighed, the Endermen was right. He wouldn't be going anywhere without his help, but didn't feel comfortable with this subject either. He was already tired and aching from traveling this cave from all over, a little story wouldn't hurt right? "Alright man, fine, alright." The miner was restless on this subject than any other, but it seemed the only way he could get out of here, so let it be. "Hey, come man. I'm pretty sure I didn't hike my ass up a bunch of hills and all around the mountains to look for a Endermen and grab your essence or whatever." Dave was actually starting to trust him, for a monster. It was the only way out, only way home but it had been forever since he's had a conversation with anyone. It was enjoyable but there wasn't much of a choice, stay here forever or have a chance getting out of the endless cave.

"No. I can look you back or whatever. It's only if you look at me. If you set your eyes on me unguarded, even for an instant, well, it wouldn't be pretty," Karkat stated, as if it was obvious. He surpassed a shutter, he really didn't want to kill Dave. Hoping sincerely the idiot wouldn't take the sunglasses off. "I'm still not talking your ass anywhere until I can trust you. It's not that fucking easy and even if you didn't come looking for Endermen, how the fuck do I know you won't take advantage of the fact that your ass found one on accident? We've got time, asswipe. Other monsters steer clear of me so you won't be attacked. Go on, tell." Karkat plopped down on a stone a few meters away from Dave, glaring at him pointedly. He genuinely wanted to know what had spooked Dave so badly, but made it sound like a bribe.

"Planning on keeping these babies on anyways." Dave responded, pressing up his sunglasses up more with his index finger. Keeping them on meant no freaking out from others and living another day from the Endermen's gaze. "This should boost your trust levels with me. I have no weapons. There's my pickaxe but literally it's about to fall into pieces before I could get a swing at you. Also dude, how do I know you're waiting for a human dinner? Anyways, listen up, it's story time."