Me Too

Karkat didn't buy his explanation.

"Dave, why are you so sad?" He pestered, tone more serious than the last time he asked.

Karkat knew something was up, if Dave was using that as an excuse. He sadly had absolutely no idea and had grown interest. Now, he really wanted to know what had out Dave in sorrowful mood. He had always seemed so optimistic. Karkat told himself that the only reason he wanted to know was curiosity and not that he cared. He wouldn't even admit that he cared about Dave to /himself/.

Dave was almost dazed by the repeated question, his hand went back to his side. A voice snapping back his focus.

Come on. He's practically giving you a second chance, just tell him already!

Dave's heart was about to beat out of his chest, he didn't know if it would be paradise or a mistake to never be forgotten if he told the monster hoe he truly felt. It was practically out of this world to care the much for a monster. How karma was treating him, of course, he would be the first specimen to do this. Fate or not. He had to do it the voice in his head was practically saying it over and over in the back of his mind.

Tell him.

Tell him.

Tell him.

Even though there's no way for him to stay here, he could hide what he felt any longer. It would burden his mind forever, "It's because.." The miner trailed off and held his arm, with his free hand. He couldn't believe he was going to say this, he would probably be kicked out of the cave, almost frightened for Karkat's answer. Dave lowered his head and looked away, "I don't..want to leave."

Karkat froze when he heard Dave's words. "Wh-What?!" He said, disbelieving. Sure, Karkat had finally come to terms with the fact that he didn't want Dave to leave, but he hadn't even considered the possibility that maybe Dave felt the same. "Well, I mean, uh.." Karkat trailed off, then forced himself to continue.

"Me either," he mumbled turning away. "Not because– oh fuck it. I'm not going to lie about it anymore. I kind of like talking to you and all and I'm really fucking lonely down here," he confessed. "There you go. Make fun of me for it. I like a fucking human." He could feel the beginnings of of tears welling up in his eyes, so he turned away from Dave and wiped his eyes furiously. He'd already revealed too much.

Dave winced slightly at Karkat's first response, he too would freak out if a monster wanted to live in his own home. Dave snapped out of his thinking; of the worst Karkat could send him threw after seeing this. But received something different. The miner, half way stunned, looked to him, "Seriously?" The disbelief was in his voice, his grip loosening on his arm, listening to Karkat more. The corner of his mouth curling slightly.

How much of an idiot could he be to not the least consider the possibility of Karkat feeling the same; all he guessed was the one emotion Karkat showed him the most. Dave's worries faded away at the moment, being replaced with the fixation on starting a new relationship.

"I'm not gonna make fun of you for it." Dave said standing and stepping closer to Karkat. "I'm got gonna lie about it neither.. It's kinda nice to have someone to talk to, and it's pretty obvious I like a monster." He ran his hand through his hair, scratching the back of his head. Then noticing the Endermen not making much eye contact with him. Was he crying?..

"Hey. You ok?" Dave asked, taking a light step forward. Hesitantly and gently putting a hand on Karkat's shoulder.

A/N:
Wow.

It's actually kinda hard to type this because it's just a cringe binge and I've improved so much better.

In my opinion that is, but geez. I could?? retype it to make it better but that could be for another time.

Maybe when things chill out.

Bluh. Anyway, I would type more but I am past my curfew and I got a huge practice test to do tomorrow.

- psych0