Offerings

Dave listened to him continue further more with his story, intrigued by how the other managed this far also now noticing he never did get his name. "Better actually, Karkat." He remarked him. "But I don't get it. Why don't you come out at night? You can't stay in here forever, and I'm pretty sure the other Endermen gave up looking for you," said Dave, inching closer to Karkat. "Also, sense the other monsters don't accept you, why don't you hang out with, er, Kanaya?" Dave ever wouldn't have guessed monsters actual names but it made more sense. Calling out 'Hey Spider!' and watch fifty of them turn around, would've been frustration at its finest. Acknowledging they were fond to his language, so why even bother the question. Then it popped up once more. Karkat never gave a pacific time when he was driven down here, alone. Days, weeks, months even years; he knew the feeling, though not quite sure how to fully explain it. Not upsetting and not lovely. He couldn't say content either. "How long did you spend down here...alone?" Strider blurted out his other question that came forth to his mind.

"If I go out, other Endermen will attack me. I've still got red eyes, idiot. And sure they've given up, but if they catch a fucking glimpse of me then they'll just attack again." Karkat thought back to Kanaya for a moment, then answered Dave's second question, "Kanaya is a creeper, so she can't teleport. Who knows where the fuck she is, I've came along way since I've saw her." He tried to recall how long he's been down in the caves. "I don't know how fucking long l've been down here. I can't tell time without day and night, and being this deep in the ground. It's been awhile but I don't care. I like being alone." Karkat shrugged. He was telling the truth; he had never really craved the company of anyone, monster or otherwise. He had never known it, so he didn't miss it.

"Looks like you're forever alone, huh?" Dave commented. Resting his forearms on his thigh, taking in his block surrounding or what he could see by Karkat's light. The red light was supported by Karkat's eyes and the tiny red orbs that seemed to only float around in his ora. It made Dave grow curious.

"You could say that," Karkat mused. "I suppose I'm going to be forever alone." As said before, other monsters stayed away from him. He didn't bother making contact either, neither did they. Practically this hole cave was to himself; an empty oversized mansion to himself. Completely quiet and no neighbors. Karkat snapped back to reality once Dave spoke again.

"What are those things floating around you?" Dave pointed to one of them, watching it float aimlessly.

Karkat told a second to focus on the little red bits that clouded around him. "You mean these little red things? They're Ender particles, marking me, and anything else that has them, as originating the End, the third dimension. Most of them are purple. Of course I'm still a fucking freak and have red ones," Karkat spat his last sentence.

"Cool and why haven't you tried fighting back? They all can't be at the same place at once when you come out." Dave suggested, with all this, he was probably willing to help Karkat. Wait. He couldn't possibly be thinking straight. Dave wasn't even sure if the Endermen would really lead him out of here, but yet he was willing to help for his freedom.

"Whatever, I didn't fight back because I was newly-spawned and didn't want to die, fucker. I could probably try now, but I'm still just one fucking freak Enderman against my shit-eating race." Karkat pointed out bitterly. "Remind me again why the shit I haven't left yet, douchebag?" Karkat asked, wanting to know why they were still conversing. 'Almost like friends,' a nasty corner of his brain whispered. He pushed the disturbing thought away. Humans and monsters aren't friends.

"Yeah, it's just a suggestion." Dave smirked. "But dude. Not everything that's totally different meanings you're a freak, smart one. So what if you have a few different genes and bugs in your system; we're just different." Dave added before he continued talking. "If it's rare that means you're bound to be having some other bro's wandering around here like you, but rare. Though, it shouldn't be hard if there's two against a few." It slipped out. He was willing to help the Enderman, it seemed the best way to go down in history. He couldn't really pin point why he wanted to help Karkat, a favor for a favor perhaps? "Also, don't know. I would've already taken my jolly ass home but a certain Enderdouche has to show me the way out."

"What suggestion?" Karkat inquired; he didn't recall Dave suggesting anything. "And I said enough with the nicknames, Strider." He hissed.

"Don't worry about it." Dave replied, filling his question. "Oop." He wasn't fully aware how long they've been chatting but it's been long. Dave was pretty good at telling time. Now bit of a challenge since there wasn't much for him to tell how long he's been down here. They've been chatting like buddies all this time. Could they really be friends besides all the differences. Monsters and Humans, aren't the best combination of buddies...could they be?

"And actually, yes, I am a fucking freak. You humans have variety, I know. Your eyes, hair, and skin can be different colors. We Endermen are all exactly the fucking same: black hair and glowing purple eyes. That makes me a freak. If that isn't enough fucking evidence for you, they tried to kill me because of it. I know because that's what they were shouting when they chased me. Don't try to tell me that I'm just fucking different," Karkat snapped. The miner couldn't possibly understand because humans had so much variety. "Plus Endermen aren't that rare, dibshit. We attend to live in groups of two to five, anyway. I don't have any weapons besides my strength, just like they do. I could barely fight off one, so not defiantly not two or more. I can't just spend my life fighting so I can just be on the surface. It's better to just be alone."

Dave sighed, having to listen too Karkat's rant of him being the only freak of his race. The only freak in the world it seemed. Though, if only Karkat knew more about him. The thought of wiping off his sunglasses just to show how invalid Karkat's argument is would be great but keeping his limbs is better. It was best to stay off the subject than to pester; already showing how much of a hothead the Enderman was already. Even if he was just trying to enlighten him about being a 'freak' in all. "Sorry for insulting your generations numbers, grumpy ass." Dave grumbled, sarcastically, his eyes rolling behind his shades at Karkat.

Karkat then remembered that he probably should show Dave the way out. At the same time realizing Dave was still human, he required food and rest, unlike monsters who lived forever unless killed. "Would you like me to show you the way out now? You're probably tired. I know a dead end with a really narrow opening, you could rest there if you have one of those weird human beds. I don't fucking care or anything, but if you pass out while I'm leading you to the surface I'm definitely not dragging you up." He sped through his sentences.

"Yea, guess I could rest there and I'm pretty sure I could make it there on my own two feet, Mom." Dave finished off with a soft yawn. He had been traveling for awhile and didn't bother stopping. It was much too dark for stopping with the few clicks, hisses and groans that followed him about the cave.

"What the fuck's a mom?" Karkat frowned then thought back on what Dave had just said. "Wait. You–you'd help me fight? You don't even have any weapons.." He trailed off, wondering why a human like Dave would ever want to protect a monster like him.

Dave was now awoken more by Karkat's response at what seemed he had missed during their rant session. "Well. Yeah. I may not have weapons but it doesn't mean I can't help you. Besides, does anyone really deserve to be held up in a cave for their differences?" Dave replied, looking straight at the him. He wasn't fully aware of the answer why. Something in his mind told him it was right, he himself wouldn't want to be stuck down here.

"Fine. Since you look tired, I'll take you to that cave so your weak human ass can sleep. It's not far, so don't fucking pass out on the way." Karkat told him. He stood and started to walking through the darkness, not bothering to make sure Dave was following. Karkat knew he didn't have much of a choice.

"Yeah, yeah, noted." Dave got up and yawned once more. Stretching his arms up in the air, taking a slow big breath in his chest then releasing the pressure with his arms dropping down to his sides.

"And don't think I'm going to forget what you said about helping me!" Karkat called to the human behind him.

Dave let Karkat take the lead, following behind him. He responded to the Endermen that lead him through the darkness, alike a new brand new shouty torch,

"Fine by me."