Sharing and Bickering

Dave was brought back to the aftermath of loosing his guardian. Silence, sorrow, regret and more. They spoke so little but so much was needed to be said. Now it was just, meant nothing now. He would never be able to speak what clouded his mind, what's been left unsaid for sixteen years. It all meant nothing now, he was silent now but the pain was loud. Unbearable. But he was taught to keep quiet for his own good.

Realization hit him. He's said too much. He's became venerable. His weaker side was bare to the Endermen. Dave wasn't getting home now, not like this. The Endermen seeing how he is now, he'd want nothing to do with the human.

Karkat was rendered speechless by the miners story. "Y-you went to the Neither. That's what that was.. not Hell. There is no Hell here. Just the Overworld, the Neither and.. the End."

"If there isn't a hell... Then where am I now?" Dave implied, his expression hadn't changed. It seemed he only sunk deeper inside the poker face. Though he felt, oddly but slightly more relived. As if just a stone or two was lifted from his shoulders.

Karkat then remembered what Dave had said about the zombie pigmen, and torn between comforting him and reprimanding him. He chose the second option to save his face. "Zombie pigmen?! What the fuck possessed you to attack zombie pigmen?! Every-fucking-one knows that zombie pigmen never attack unless the human attack first! And they spawn in packs! You're insane!!" Karkat yelled, angered and upset. If Dave wouldn't of attacked first his brother would probably still be alive.

Dave flinched at Karkat's yelling, it was true but it was the least of what he wanted, being reminded of how much of a idiot he is. "You know, it would have been useful to know that three years ago." He snapped back at the Endermen. It's been years but the guilt was still and always weighing on him, letting go wasn't easy enough when there's no one to talk to.

He calmed himself, yelling wasn't going to help. "But.. it's okay, Dave. You couldn't have known they would attack like that." Karkat wasn't very good at comforting others, but he was going to try. He trusted that Dave wouldn't attack now. "It's not your fault. He chose to save you. He wouldn't like the you're wallowing in your sorrow when you should be living the life he saved for you, otherwise his death would be pointless." He inched a bit closer to Dave and could now clearly see the vulnerability in his expression.

"You're right. He would like that..." Dave agreed. If he was meant to still live on this side of the world the deceased miner wouldn't have saved him for it. The reason was to continue on for him and himself. He inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to rebuild himself and take away the spotlight from him.

"Fine I'll help your sorry ass. But only because I feel sorry for you and I don't need you around here annoying me any longer. Not because of.. anything else." He didn't want to tell Dave about all of the times other monsters shunned him, when he was nearly burned, or anything that would leave him open to attacks. He was still an Endermen, a rare and hard to kill mob, he was in close enough range to be vulnerable attack. Even if he wanted to trust Dave, he wouldn't be able to. He was a monster. A mutant monster. He couldn't trust anyone.

"Okay. In all fairness, before we get going, tell me about yourself." He managed to bring his gaze back onto him, "I'm pretty sure there's a good reason, cough,story,cough, of why you're this deep down here." Dave gotten the trust of Karkat but he hasn't gotten Dave's for himself. He was shaken by flashbacks but still quick to move. He's human after all. The only one so far he's known now. Hated by most and there was only one of him, easy could be knocked down to the bottom of the food chain but not without a fight. Of course he could only trust him to a certain extent but leading him out would be first. "Come on. It's just like you said. We've got time, obviously."

"No way, shitstain. You forget, I'm the one who knows their way around this cave. I could leave you hear to rot," Karkat bluffed. He'd never be able to pull it through. Though he wasn't going to tell his full life story without protesting first.

"Cool. That'll give me time to show you my amazing ass rap skills. Most of them are skits though and a few a wrote along the way here. You're gonna have your mind blown by the flu once I drop one of these sick ass beats." Dave knew why Karkat didn't want to speak of this so easily, just alike himself. They were rare and often would be seemed to always be hunted down just for a special pearl inside of them. He wasn't like the others as well so being alone with silence doesn't cause the best of a feeling jam with a stranger.

"What the hell is rap and this vegetable your going about?- Ugh, nevermind! How in just the fuckery do I know you're not going to blackmail me or something?" Karkat probably should've just told rather than getting on defensive, but he wanted to be wary. Even if he trusted the human– did he really just think that? No, he didn't trust him. He was still a human, after all.

Dave wanted to listen though. Curious, but cautious of the endermen that stood before him. Of course he couldn't say off the bat 'Cause you got this vibe man. And like I just dropped some heavy shit on our convo and usually people drop heavy shit back. Just to even it out and whatever.' Close but Dave couldn't lie much either, more alike stretch the truth for others. "Dude. I don't want your Ender-Juice or whatever. I got weapons but I'm not going to kill monsters for they got stashed up their asses for fun."

"What the fuck is Ender-Juice?!"