Say Somthing

What the actual fuck is wrong with me?

Was he about to touch me?

Dave almost yelled at himself for that, trying to understand he was personally fine with Karkat touching him. He wondered what kind of human was he for all this? What would he think of him?

"Well. I don't know how to help you there, because  I've never had anything but violent flashbacks of being—" Karkat stopped himself once he realized what he was about to say. He cleared his throat and tried to change the subject.

"Anyway, how about I fucking lead you out of these caves now, shitstain? I've fucking had enough of you anyway," Karkat said. Of course, again, the last sentence was complete bullshit. He would have loved to stay and talk with his frie—no. They weren't friends. Dave didn't like him, and Karkat didn't want Dave to get hurt because of him. Dave definitely wouldn't want to be friends with a monster like Karkat anyway. He bashed his thoughts of friendship with Dave from his mind. Then he looked at Dave to see his response, wishing he didn't have to leave.

Dave looked up to Karkat when he was beginning to talk, but frowned a bit in confusion when he stopped. Dave wanted to ask was it really that bad though decided not to ask him. Probably only receiving a small angered rant about minding his own business.

"...Yeah. Get me out of here." Dave mumbled, standing up. He was glad enough Karkat would only think of his sadness was because of the dream; not the fact that he had to leave him. That was just what? The third to fifth lie he told Karkat; that he wanted to leave out of this cave. Dave put his hand underneath his shades and rubbed his eyes; of course, shutting them first not talking the chance of his companion attacking him– wait. No. Not companions. It was plain out that Karkat hated his very existence of just being a human and wanted him out. He didn't want Karkat to be shunned more because of him.Karkat didn't even see the point of their talking so why try to be friends.

Dave had to get rid of the thoughts of them being friends, after this, it's not like they were going to see each other again. He was going to be on his own again. Just like before. He's passed by someone and now he's giving them their goodbyes.

"Why the fuck do you sound so sad?" Karkat asked, crossing his arms. "I'd think you'd be happy, finally able to get the fuck away from me." He genuinely wanted to know, even if he'd never say it out loud. Dave was probably the only sounding sad because of the dream, anyway. Karkat didn't know why he didn't bother to ask.

Maybe it's because he has to leave, whispered the voice Karkat thought he had gotten rid off. He scolded himself mentally for thinking of that. Dave was only sad because of his dream; wouldn't anyone be sad if they saw their maimed and scared brother in a dream? There was absolutely no other possible reason. So why did Karkat hope their was?

Dave was almost caught of guard with the question, but he thought fast and quick. "Jee, I'd be hugging you too if I had a dream of your mangled brother." Dave said with sarcasm in his voice as he looked at him with a face of are you fucking kidding me? look. He had to lie to him again, partly, he'd probably would be killed by Karkat if he gave him the real reason. Then throw up his bloody, beaten corpse out of his cave; for the other monsters to do whatever they please with him.

Well you screwed that up, you could've told him the actual reason why you were sad, buddy. The voice spoke in a teasing manner to Dave. He mentally grabbed his pickaxe and pierced his skull with it. He knew his head is kind of messed up but this was getting out of hand; starting to bite at his tongue. It felt like it was burning inside that he couldn't tell him his reason why, and he wanted to get it out.

A/N:

Sorry for the short chapter.

Things happened and were unexpected.

So enjoy.

-psych0