Story Telling

The miner got ready to tell his missing bothers past, not really the kind not just throw his problems onto random others but there's not much of a choice now. It was just once right for now right? Just for now.

"The dude that you're so curious about is my brother, Bro. We pretty much looked alike sept he looked more like douche. White shirt, pointed collar, sharp ironic shades, black jeans and a orange cap. He'd also made these weird ass puppets. Literally ass puppets with long these ass noses, and fucking Cal. He's a creepy motherfucker but he's apart of the family. Anyway. He taught me everything I know now, from using a spoon to survival out here. He was a hard ass but guess I wouldn't be here now without him." ,Dave faced seemed to clear up a bit but not completely, still going on.

"One day, me and Bro discovered something new. It was something to make, like for a portal. We sure didn't know what the hell it was or where it was going to lead us, so we kinda just left it alone. The more we stayed away the more we got curious. Sometimes we heard sounds from it. Like growling, grumbling or like.. pig noises. So one day we said fuck it, and prepared for the worst. Armored up, made and brought the stuff we needed. When we got there.. it something like I never seen before. It was like we took the shortcut to the deepest volcano in Earth or it was hell it's fucking self. These rotting pig-men and jellyfish ghost things were everywhere." He seemed to get a little more disturbed as he went on about the missing guardian.

"We steered clear since they didn't really didn't notice us at first but still we weren't taking any chances. We tired to mine but honestly only got about two to three ores. Pretty difficult to mine, we just got enough to test it out for later. We started to realize the pig guys were following us. Bro just ignored them kept on exploring the hell hole but I decided..to show them who's boss in their own fucking home..."

Dave exhaled heavily though it just made him more prone to losing himself, getting more drastic as he went on. "It was the most retarded, and most shittiest mistake I've ever made in my life."

Karkat only listened further, his face in complete interest, silent, and having worry on his face. Knowing but only imagining what could have happened to the two humans. Both should be dead, but only one is here. What possibly could ever happen to the human duo?

"They attacked us and fast. Our armor was practically just paper on our bodies to them, and started falling off. No matter where we ran and climbed they followed us, if they couldn't reach us those jellyfishes sure had no problem lighting our asses up. They were fucking...everywhere! And we couldn't even reach damn portal so we found a place and hid. We couldn't stay for long because supplies were running low and we were a long way from reaching the portal. Though. Bro, had a plan. It was risky but he...we didn't have much of a choice. One of the items we brought was TNT and a igniter. So we set a trap for the pig-men, when they got close enough we blew them up. While the others were stunned we made a break for it, of course they caught up to us. We didn't have any weapons, none that would last, so we had to take it as they came. Clawing, cutting, burned..it all came to us but he was getting the worst of it since he put me in front. He just told me to keep hauling ass no matter what, but we weren't getting any better by the moment."

"We got to the portal but it would only take one of us one at a time. Someone wasn't going to make it anyway...someone had to close the portal. I-I told him I wasn't going to leave him behind and it wasn't fair." Dave finished with a lump in his throat, the miner looked stressed as ever, uncomfortable. He wasn't planning to get into this much detail, and didn't want to. But the hole scene was playing over again like a movie in his mind and his mouth was describing it as if a blind person was at the theater.

"He didn't even say a word. He just grabbed me by my shoulder. Took one last look at me...and pushed me into the portal. Before I knew it the portal disappeared, and he was gone."

"And it's all my fault."