Chapter Two~Meet the crew

I sat there, looking blankly at the static that roared quietly on the television. It felt like hours but it was most likely only seconds. It felt like I was falling. Like I was Alice and here I am in wonderland, extremely confused and losing my mind. I wonder who the rabbit was then….

I sighed and hit the power button on the remote and the TV shut off.  I slid off the bed and looked around my room. It was relatively small but that didn’t bother me much. It had a small bed, big enough for one person, and a dresser across from it. Next to the dresser was a full length mirror and that was about it. My room was nothing special. I didn’t feel like it needs to be anyway though.

I walk up to the mirror from the bed and look myself over. I looked exactly like the girl in the video….long platinum blond hair, sorrowful pale blue eyes. I was so skinny…..the jacket that Marcus gave me made me look even smaller than I was. I pulled it off and tossed it onto the bed then opened on of the chores on the dresser. Underwear…..shirts….pants…..bras……pajamas. I had everything a normal teenager would have then I opened the chore on the bottom left. There were two pistols, a knife and a photo album in there, along with a book titled “Guns for Dummies”.

The pistols looked like something from a James Bond movie and the knife, well it looked like a kitchen knife, guess I didn’t go all out looking for a knife. I pulled the guns out carefully and placed them on the floor beside me then pulled the photo album out. As I did, two brick like cylinders slid down from the back of the chore to the front. I picked them up and examined them. They were kind of rectangular and looked like they attached to something. I looked over at the guns then back at the rectangular thing in my hand. I picked up the gun with my free hand and looked at them both. I have a……..what’s it called again….oh yeah. I have a silencer for my guns. Great. Now I feel like a criminal.

I placed them back into the chore and closed it then stood up and moved for the door but tripped and fell down. I looked behind me on the floor and there sat the photo album. It was blue with white lace on the front and in a white thread it spelled out “Memories”.

Should I…..? I really shouldn’t…..but they’re my memories.

I sigh and sit up, staring it down. It’s weird to think that all that I once knew is now kept safe within the stitching of that book. I pick it up and tear up slightly, my vision becoming blurring again. I can’t read this……not yet. Then I rub my eyes and toss it onto the bed as I walk towards the door.  I look back at the photo album on the bed as I turn the door knob and sigh then I leave the room and enter the hallway.

It was just how I left it. Six doors, three on either side. All of them wooden with the same doorknob. Despite the inconsistency of my memories, I do remember walking down this hall a lot. I used to walk with a purpose, my head held high, mind racing with thoughts. But now…..I’m just standing at the end of the hallway looking at the door on the other side that leads to everyone else.

I took a deep breath and began walking, trying to emulate the same emotions I used to have but I probably look just as nervous as a sinner in church, thinking God Al Mighty will smite me at any given second. 

I stop in front of the door that leads to the living room. I don’t understand why this is so hard for me, I mean, these are my friends……they look up to me I guess…I don’t know…am I some sort of leader? And who was Smith from the video that I spoke of? I didn’t mention him with the rest of the group.

Time to be brave.

I turn the doorknob and push it open to see eight people sitting on the couch. I don’t know how they managed that but hey, they did. There were the twins, Mia and Marcus sitting on the arm rests on either side. On the cushions was Chale who was holding a little girl in his lap, who looked very familiar, and two other girls and a guy, who looked older than everyone.