The Team

"Okay team, I'd like you to meet our newest member, this is Nightwing." Aqualad announces after we arrived at the cave and gathered the team, wow it's really grown since  I left. I of course hacked the system when he wasn't looking so when we zetaed it didn't announce me as Robin B01.
" Wow, it's so cool to meet you," M'gann gushes.
I smile at her,
"Likewise."
"Do you have any powers?" Beastboy asks.
I smile and shake my head, " nope, just badasss fighting skills and a ton of cool gadgets." I tell him.
"Noted." Beastboy replies. I try not to smile at that.
"It's cool, I don't have any powers either," Artemis chimes in,
"Were cooler than them anyhow."
I laugh and look her over, subtly searching for a ring, I don't see one but she probably doesn't wear it on patrol, I will not get my hopes up, that's not why I'm here, I am over him, totally over him.
"So Blüdhaven, how's that?" This comes from the ginger in the corner leaning against the wall like he's cool or something. It's almost as if he can tell I'm thinking about him, I don't see a ring on his finger either. I mentally chide myself and answer his question.
"It's an interesting city, like Gotham, only with more criminals, but it's my home and I love it"
"Didn't know it was possible for there to be a city with more criminals than Gotham." He retorts with a small smirk on his handsome face.
"You ever been?" I ask.
"No, but now I feel like I have to." He's smiling now, and it lights up his whole face, making me a little weak in the knees.
"I'm Kid Flash by the way." He informs me.
"It's nice to meet you W- Kid Flash, same to all you guys, I look forward to working with you." I tell them. Noticing only after seeing the mildly startled look on Wally's face that I had slipped up.
In an attempt to distract them I hook a thumb towards the training area.
"So, who wants to spar?"